¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports 3rd trip – Gets Better Every Time

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Gracias Shelley – Royal Suites Yucatan

This was our third annual visit to the Royal Suites Palladium in the Riviera Maya and we’ve noticed a lot of improvements just from last year. The food was wonderful, as well as the drinks, and the staff was incredible as always. An improvement we noticed was the gym got a ton of new equipment- they must’ve spent hundreds of thousands of dollars. Top of the line ellipticals and treadmills. The sports bar has a pretty extensive menu and the food was always served hot and fresh. Plus they are open 24 hours now which is another plus. The Colonial Beach bar was closed for renovations but they set up a temporary bar in the pool area which was great. They also heated some of the pools now which is good for off season weather.
        Food! We went to the steakhouse three out of the four nights because we had such a great meal the first night. We also went to El Jardin and the buffet on the Kantenah side. The El Dorado steakhouse is wonderful. They have a salad bar and I ordered a filet mignon, with corn on the cob, grilled potatoes, and grilled vegetables. It was delish. They also had great rolls. And on one night they brought special drinks. Service was great, too. We enjoyed all the food very much this trip the indoor lunch buffet on The Riviera side was just amazing. They have this hard ice cream bar that is new, and it is REALLY good ice cream. They also have a candy station where the desserts were. All the food served at lunch was really good! They had pizza, a pasta station, Mexican food, and all kinds of meats, vegetables, and breads. Anything you want. We went there every day because it was so good. I miss it!
        The room was very nice. We asked for third-floor room with two beds in building 69 and we got that. The maid came to clean the room everyday at the time we requested. There’s a nice big hot tub on the balcony but we didn’t use it. They give you four bottles of liquor which we did not touch either. We were staying on a friends travel club membership and they also gave us some extras in the room such as mugs, shot glasses, and a bottle of tequila. Also when we went in the room they had a cheese and cracker display for us and a bottle of champagne which was also from the travel club. They really treat you like royalty here, especially in Royal and for Travel Club.
        Our friends from Canada were also staying there in Royal and one night they came back to the room to find candles lit, and chocolate covered strawberries just because they knew they were celebrating their anniversary soon. That is wonderful service!
        We love this place because there are so many options of where to eat and what to do during the day. We love the spa and visited there pretty much every day. My husband would use the gym and I would go swimming. We also love this place because of the availability of shuttles when you stay in the Royal section. You can pretty much get a cart to pick you up or drop you off anywhere, anytime.
        We’ve been coming here for three years now with a couple trips in between at the princess resorts. We do like the adults only princess resort a lot, mainly because they have swim up suites, but we now feel that this hotel is a lot better, and we will probably keep returning here instead. The staff is so friendly, the beaches are incredible, the ocean is just so beautiful, there are so many pools, the spa is awesome, and the sports bar is fun and has great food. We get the best of all worlds and we stay here. They also have great nightlife with a show or two every night, and they always have great bands and/or DJ’s in the lobby’s.
        Oh, when we went swimming in the ocean we were surrounded by fish! The fish like bread or fish food thats available all over the resort near the lagoons. Bring some! It’s fun!
        We just got home on Saturday but we can’t wait to go back already. We miss Antonio and Lucy in the Royal Lobby Bar. They are wonderful. Antonio makes awesome drinks! Try the Neopolitan which is a shot that tastes like Neapolitan ice cream. It is so good. And Lucy is a cute and funny waitress who keeps your drinks coming.
        When you check-out they give you a pretty cloth flower. I save every one and now have three: a green, blue, and a white. I’ll attach a picture. I want to go enough times to have every color in my wooden vase.
        Thank you, Palladium, for making our trip so enjoyable every time!
        See you soon and gracias!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »