¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Amazing trip to TRS Yucatan

Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Patrick Marshall
        3 hrs
        Here is my quick report for my stay between the 30/6/18 to 14/7/18.
        We booked through barrhead travel and this was on behalf of expedia so we had a private shared shuttle on arrival which was grayline Mayaland who were great both ways.
        On arrival : we were in shock at just how nice the reception area was. It was a smooth check-in and we were offered a towel and a drink. Then the bell boy took us to our room in building 70 which was a great location just by terraza pool. Our butler Roger showed us around the room and how all the bits and bobs worked and explained what he could do for us.
        Rooms: our room was 7035 which didn’t have a great view but we didn’t care as it was private on the top floor with the tub on the balcony. The room was amazing although not sure about the mirrored toilet lol the toilet is also a bit high and the sinks are a bit low but again we didn’t really care. The lights aren’t bright in the room If you need that to get ready. I thought the tv was brilliant to order room service etc and you can also see invoices instantly on there. The location was great as it was right by a pool and bar and also el gaucho but also only a 5 minute walk from helios and infinity pool and even less to the trs lobby but you could get a cart pretty easily If you wished which we did until we realised how close most things were. The body lotion in the room seemed to prevent mosquitos for me too.
        Food : all the food we had was brilliant. Favourites was in order was probably tentazione, la boheme and helios for dinner. For breakfast and lunch helios was awesome. We did go to a couple of the buffets which were good if not on the mood for a meal. The lobster from anywhere, coconut shrimp from helios, mussels from tentazione and onion soup from la boheme were brilliant for dinner.
        Drinks : all great cocktails mango tango, mojitos etc but the tropical fantasy which is vodka and bourbon was my favourite.
        Pools : infinity pool was our favourite although the terraza pool was good on lazier days. No issues with beds so could arrive anytime and get a bed easily. We did spend a day down at the beach but preferred the pools.
        People : our butlers raquel,sarahi and Roger were brilliant. Decorated our room with rose petals a couple of nights and basically done everything and more than we could have asked. Bartenders Santiago at colonial and wilbert in tentazione just a credit to the hotel and also isaac at chic. Everyone is amazing so apologies if I have forgotten to name anyone.
        Entertainment: chic was brilliant and we went twice. Food and drinks just out of this world.

Pre show was great but the dj after wasn’t up to much. The entertainment as a whole on trs side is not to our taste/non existent. But we went to colonial most nights as that is where the party is but it would be nice to still be able to get top shelf alcohol on that side so that we could have the same drinks.
        I have probably missed out loads of details but this was my first time in Mexico and I will be booking again as this hotel is amazing although there is always room for improvement.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »