¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Bavaro – Wonderful trip with some disappointments

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

By Dan

Our first trip to Palladium was Palladium Bavaro. I can tell you we are not picky people and don’t really expect a lot, especially how reasonable this cost.
        If this is too long feel free to not read. I don’t have much to compare too other than that I’ve read here or on tripadvisor.
        Check in. Was so excited to be quickly summoned to a table and offered cold tropical drinks at approximately 11:30am after pulling an all nighter with a party of 8 with five teens on a 6am flight. We were told that there was good news and our rooms would be ready after we ate.
        Well at 3 we were told they would call housekeeping to see when they would be ready. They refused to discuss where our rooms were or type of beds even after Apple made a request for rooms in same building and two rooms with kings and two with doubles and we sent an email 1 week beforehand
        Finally at 4pm we were told rooms were available. Got to rooms. Not ready yet. While my wife and I were there for 20th anniversary we were away from other rooms and got two beds. No air conditioning and refrigerator did not work. Was told by the manager it would be fixed but no other availability in entire hotel.
        Came to fix air. Then we had major leak in ceiling. Thermostat broken. We were told they had to get one the next day. They never fixed it. My sisters room smelled like bad musty smell.
        The resort goes to every extreme to make grounds gorgeous while they do zero maintenance to the rooms and facility. They have there workers hand trimming every plant and clean the walkways every morning but the tables and chairs near the beach were not cleaned once.
        Rooms. Bathroom had black disgusting grout. Could even see through glass for shower as it was so dirty. Afraid to take shower without flip flops. Broken shower head broken tiles, holes in walls, no door jam Broken lock in sons room. They were locked out for many hours without help even after we called 5 times. Broken phones in 3 out 4 rooms so no way to even communicate with separation of rooms other than wifi when it worked.
        Was told the next day that they had no availability to change rooms but would give us reservations to a few restaurants. I appreciated that but we were told that as Apple clients we were supposed to get them anyway. Plus pId them a twenty dollar tip after he would only make three reservations. Suddenly he came up with 3 more reservations.
        Food was plentiful and decent. However the buffet never changed selection. If you are going there looking for seafood the paella was good no other seafood other than a selection of fish. If you want lobster at all it is $35 and you must get it at an ala carte if you are fortunate enough to be a royal suites or travel club member or have major room problems.
        Transportation. You must take the train if not filled up. They advertise that you can call for a golf cart. This is absolutely untrue. The train was fun to ride but very hard to find seats at times.
        Attire. Forget the ala a carte rules you can wear sneakers or sandals and anything other than sleeveless for men. Can’t wear a bikini in any buffets or ala cartes but you would be shocked by some of the outfits without rules
        Drinking. I had asked about underage drinking on this page. Armbands mean nothing at all. If your underage kids drink then you must be there to patrol or they will be served.
        Teen club. Omg. Terrible terrible terrible. The one worker sits behind the desk playing on her phone all day. Do not trust that 14 year old girls would be safe as the ages is up to 19 and there were men in their 20s their. Schedule of events was complete bs. Don’t expect fun workers to keep teens entertained as it simply didn’t happen. Please don’t go there thinking tHis black and white club would be great. We stayed at Bavaro thinking that it would be nice to be close to the teen club. We had no young kids but met parents that told us the kids club was closed.
        Language. Was hard to believe that so many staff spoke zero English … Even bartenders and room security.
        The good. The water sports. Took catamaran lessons and had great time. Kayaks are free as well. John the young guy at the aquatic center was amazing. So was Stephen.
        We enjoyed the food although no where near my expectations. The rodizio was our favorite. The steak at the Chinese was 100 times better than the steakhouse.
        The bars were great and presidente beer is everywhere nice and cold. Drink selection is great and they never skimp on alcohol. The beach spread of food was nice at lunch. Our housekeeper was so sweet. But the staff is so overworked.
        Hemingways so nice. The straw market is right past resort and fun to haggle
        Sports bar had AC and always open with food.
        Beaches really really nice and clean. Paella on the beach. Beach party with fire acts.
        Bands were nice at night. The plants and ducks were nice.
        The best thing ever. Is the Hispaniola aquatic center excursion. I will definitely pick riviera maya the next time around. But still had a wonderful trip.

The absolute highlight of our Punta Cana trip. Read reviews each is 5 stars. Absolutely amazing trip with one of best lobster and seafood meal we’ve ever had. Private photographer with every picture uploaded to Facebook for free. You will love this.
        Hispaniola

Blueskies
        Participant

From Facebook :

Brenda Wegert : “As hard as it is to hear the negatives about a resort chain we have come to love and trust, it is good to hear unbiased opinions. I know management will use these comments to continue to make improvements in the future. I wish your vacation had been perfect but alas there is no such thing. I’m hoping you will try another Palladium destination. I have not yet been to the Palladium in Punta Cana, the Grand Palladium in the Riviera Maya has our hearts.”

Dan Peshkin : “We will absolutely not give up on palladium. From everything we have heard riviera maya would be the next. We had a great time but all of the reviews were spot on. Unfortunately we didn’t find this page til after we booked.”

Anne
          Keymaster

Respose from Management: Yndhira M. Eloy

“Dear Mr. Peshkin allow me to introduce myself, I am the Community Manager at Grand Palladium Punta Cana and as soon and on behalf of Ms. Banesa Burque, Resident Manager we extend our apologies for the fact that your experience was not up to your expectations. The issues you reported on site were followed up by Ronny Avila, the Room Divission Manager, nevertheless We would have liked to hear from all these situations before departure. Rest assured that your comments have been taken with the utmost seriousness and will be discussed with our management committee. We remain at your disposal.”

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Translate »