Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

I am editing our very long beach book list which was comprised over several years. We have some avid readers here. Once I’m done I’ll pass it on to our capable manager Blueskies so she can post.

Boatchick I was at the library yesterday and noticed a new book in the Mitford Series, “Come Rain or Come Shine”

Anne
        Keymaster

Ha ha fun memory. Found this post on the beach book thread.

travelnman
          Posted On: 4/4/2011 at 11:05 pm

“Hi Anne – Remember the guy with the two gals,@ Jardines , he, having his “Birthday dinner” March 4th 2011 – invited you to join the party as you where manifest in your singularity, spontaneous and hilarious in conversstion with a manifesto of powerful words of knowledge, backed with sincerity. This event without you would have been fine, but with your presnts  made the event most memorable, long-lasting and left a picture of you etched in our minds forever.   
          Thank you for being there, the memories,photo ops. Last but not least – say a big hello to your daughter
          Ben & Patricia Jelley                    Judi (sister-in-law)

Anne
          Keymaster

Very Long list. Something for everyone. If you have a suggestion feel free to post here.

https://unofficialpalladium.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Beach-books_2015PDF.pdf

Anne
            Keymaster

I read several books over vacation. These two stand out:

Boston Girl by Anita Diamant A Jewish family immigrates from Europe to New York in the early 1900s. This is the story told by one of the daughters from 1915 to 1985. Very interesting and well written.

A Cup of Friendship by Deborah Rodriguez
              This is the 2nd time I read this book and love it. Story centers around a remarkable coffee shop in Kabul Afghanistan run by an American woman. Great characters and lots ofiteresting details about life in Afghanistan.

I also read this author’s true memoir entitled “Kabul Beauty School”.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Translate »