¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum GP official response on Zika? Firstchoice/Thomson issued warnings to UK today

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      CarolineandJohn
      Participant

Hello all,

Well a lot has certainly changed with the UOP website since I last visited.  Anne – it looks great and its fabulous to see a lot of the regular contributors all now officially working with you on it.  Its a wonder you ever got to sleep Anne !

We are heading back with our little family in 8 weeks exactly and cannot wait to see all the changes in the 3 years since we have visited.  The children had spent over 10 weeks of their lives there before they were 5 years old so will be fabulous for them to actually appreciate the new water park etc.  We are also taking my two sisters and their families – so 6 adults and 9! children under 7  ( yes 9 – we are crazy).  We’ve tried so many hotels in the area since and haven’t found any that compare ( Azul, Dreams, Sirenis, Riu) – no where has as much to offer as the GP

Thomson ( UK operator )have today sent out confirmation to all passengers that we can amend the holiday due to any Zika concerns ( specifically around pregnancy )  This isn’t an issue but would be great if there was any formal reassurance from the Palladium that the resort was taking any precautions – I know they used to spray , but not too much due to it being so environmentally friendly.

We are one of those families who take every precaution there is ( no perfume, repellent, lots of garlic capsules etc) but still get bit to death anywhere on the Yucatan.

Do we know if the hotel are spraying more frequently in light of the Zika outbreak??

I’ve seen the local reports stating that there’s no official concern in the Maya… but would be great if there was any extra precautions that the hotels are taking.

It won’t stop us travelling to my favourite place and hotel on earth  – but would love to reassure the family – especially with 9 young children travelling.  I suspect there will be lots of panic in the UK after the official Thomson/First Choice emails went out today – we are still so excited and on countdown – but any official hotel response would be great!

apologies if this is discussed elsewhere on forum – I couldn’t see it.

Caroline & John

Anne
        Keymaster

Great to hear from you Caroline & John! Welcome to our updated site. We are fortunate to have the huge technical assistance from Blueskies Brenda and continued support from “old timers” as well as newbies.

I’ll email the resort and ask.

Looking forward to hearing about your next trip.

Anne
          Keymaster

Response from Felipe: “Hi Anne, Despite there isn’t any reported incident in the area, since a few months ago we increased the frquency of what we always do.”

Blueskies
            Participant

That is nice to hear, thanks to Felipe for always answering the concerns of Palladium guests. I would bring insect repellent and use it diligently regardless.

CarolineandJohn
              Participant

Thanks so much for the quick response as always Anne! I guess anything they are doing helps! 55 days can not go quick enough x

CarolineandJohn
                Participant

Yes Brenda, Thanks Felipe!

I’m force feeding garlic to the children for the next 7 weeks just to be sure 🙂

thank you all!

Geoffrey
                  Participant

Hi, we went to Punta Cana back in February, we were also told by Thomson about the Zika virus, and that we could transfer our holiday to somewhere else, however, as we were all retired, with no chance of becoming pregnant (females that is!) we declined the offer. We had no problems with “biting” insects, had a thoroughly good time, there was some spraying, but it didn’t interfere with our enjoyment/holiday. What we did do, was to get anti-malarial tablets just in case, and make sure all “jabs” were up to date. PLEASE, don’t worry, but take precautions and enjoy your stay. Just wish i was there now.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Translate »