¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton – The BEST!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Thanks to Nicole Kelly for sharing

Hi everyone!!! We are home and settled  🙁 I just wanted to thank everyone again for all your help and also share my longer review from trip adviser that I am trying to submit but its not working lol! Thanks again!!! I hope everyone has as much as an AMAZING time as we did at this wonderful resort!!! Sorry review is very long!!!!!

We traveled to the Grand Palladium in Lucea Jamaica from October 16th thru October 22nd, 6 nights and 7 days. My family consists of myself,husband and twin children age 12. The ride from MBJ was approx. 45 minutes so it wasn’t bad at all. We arrived at the resort about 1:30pm and when we pulled up to the Jamaica side which is where I had my reservation we were told we were being upgraded to the Lady Hamilton side, of course I was ecstatic! We arrived on a Tuesday afternoon left our bags with the bellman, received our welcome drink and were taken to check in which had no wait as there was no one else in line. We spoke to Vanessa at the front desk who already knew my kids name and wished them a Happy Birthday she told them to call her Auntie Vanessa and let her know if they needed anything, she was delightful! Our room was not quite ready but she said they could give us another room that was ready but she thought I would like to wait a little bit because we would want this room!

We were given Villa 26 on the 3rd floor with a Ocean View so yes we waited!  🙂 The room was in in perfect location! Close to the pool,beach,theatre,lobby,sports bar,buffet, jerk hut ect. absolutely perfect!!! While we waited for our room which was only about 45 mins we just had a couple drinks and walked around the property to check everything out. The resort is big and beautiful but we did not find it difficult at all to navigate around the property and it did not that very long to get where you had to go  🙂 Once we were able to go to our room which was beautiful we were given a fruit tray, chocolates and champagne with personalized Anniversary and Birthday as well as Welcome letters. We unpacked got changed and headed to the pool  🙂

A little later in the day we headed up from dinner and on the bed was 2 bunches of balloons with Happy Birthday wishes from the smile services team ( I will talk more about them later) After that we headed off for an early dinner so we could get to bed early as we were exhausted from the travel. The next 3 days we enjoyed everything the resort had to offer pool, kids water park, activities, las brias beach and the sunset cove beach, foam party ect. We didn’t catch much of the shows because we were so exhausted from being in the sun all day and having fun but we did watch the pirate show and some of the Michael Jackson show which was really good!!! 2 things we were HIGHLY impressed with the pool and kids waterpark I thought before we got there that my kids would have been to big for the water park but it was AMAZING! Also Sunset Cove Beach was our favorite and every time we were there we played games with the sweet and wonderful Kemar from the POP department  🙂 He was amazing and wanted to get everyone involved and always made sure we were having fun! We miss you already Kemar!!! A few other things I want to mention-

Housekeeping was outstanding! We had Veronica all week and she was the sweetest!!! We left for breakfast every morning between 7 and 8 am and she was already on our floor working so our room was completely cleaned by noon everyday and she always had a smile on her face  🙂

Food was good we ate at the buffet for breakfast, lunch was normally the jerk hut and for dinner we ate at the a la carte restaurants. When we were there it was not crowded until the weekend came but there was never a wait to be seated except the night we went to the steak house they told us 45 minutes for inside or we could sit on the patio and be seated right away so we chose to do that. Drinks were very good and we found them to be strong especially at the Poseidon restaurant bar and if we wanted an extra shot in our drinks we just asked and everything was NO PROBLEM MON  🙂

The staff that we had encounters with were all very friendly nice and helpful! On Saturday which was our kids birthday we left the resort for the day and visited Dolphin Cove which is 5 minutes up the road, Island Luxe Beach Park in Negril and Ricks Cafe so the kids had a great birthday! When we came back we had Hibachi for dinner and we had Chef Carleton who was so much fun! On a side note the Hibachi show is the only place you need a reservation for so make sure you set that up at check in  🙂

Back to the Smile Services department, before we traveled I had reached out to them to let them know about my twins birthday throughout the trip I was corresponding via email with Janine who was OUTSTANDING! She emailed me friday and wanted to set something else up for the kids birthdays and wanted us to meet her at the Cabanas on Sunday at noon I was actually surprised that there was still more to come haha! Sunday came, we went over to the Cabanas and we were completely blown away by what Janine and her team did! They set up a birthday party for the kids at the Cabana balloons, banners, a cake delivered from a pirate that was personalized to my children, champagne, fruit, use of the Cabana for the rest of the day and butler service from the wonderful Oshane!!! Everything was absolutely perfect this day and we couldn’t be more grateful and thankful for everything that Janine and her team had done for us!!! Thanks again you are the best!!! My kids had a birthday they will never forget and we will probably never be able too top!!! xoxo

All in all we had the best vacation and a beautiful week! The Grand Palladium is a wonderful place to stay and I honestly don’t have anything bad to say about it! Our week was great, fun and unforgettable so thank you to everyone at the resort we helped make our stay one of THE BEST!!!! xoxoxo

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »