¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Hints, tips & recommendations for TRS Yucatan xx

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Hmarquiscarr
      Participant

Hi everyone,

First of all just want to say what a fantastic resource this website/forum is!! Absolutely brilliant!

We are coming to the TRS Yucatan in June – first time to a GP or TRS hotel and to Mexico!

My partner and I are celebrating our anniversary (not a wedding one I’m afraid, just when we got together…you never know he might contact Smile Services and pop the question while we’re there…hmmm doubtful… anyway back in the room hehe!) so we want it to be super special.

This is also the first AI holiday I have got him to agree to, I can tell he won’t be disappointed but just want to make sure we are armed with all the ‘inside knowledge’ that you guys  have.

If anyone has any hints, tips and recommendations for a week in paradise please let me know. Looking for restaurant, activities, catamaran, – anything really to make it a real GP week!

Thank you all in advance,

Hannah & Matt xx

Anne
        Keymaster

Welcome Hannah & Matt!

You will love TRS. As you probably know it is an adult only section of a much larger complex. It has its own activities scheduled, mostly around adults but you and your partner may also partake of other events on the sister resorts if you want more activity.

Suggest you download the App

App

You can see daily activities for the Colonial & White Sand side under activities. Once you are there and have a room number you can also use the App to contact your butler, call a cart and more.

Here are some additional activities planned for TRS.

TRS activities

Suggest you take the Segway tour from the Kantenah Beach.It will give you a great tour of the entire complex

Segway

Be sure you ask your butter to reserve Chic Cabaret  for you . (Men must wear long pants here.) Also, suggest you try the a la cartes on the TRS side before you wander to the other sections of the resort for dinner. Here are the menus (Scroll down) (You can reserve if you wish through your butler)   Menus

In the evening there is sometimes music at TRS.  There is a party before and after the Chic shows on Monday, Wednesday, Friday on the terrace outside of Chic.

On other nights there are live bands on Colonial and White Sand sides.

Live music schedule

In addition, there is a White Party & Fire show on the Colonial beach on Mondays, Peace & Love Party in Colonial on Tuesdays and a Back to the 80s Party on Wednesdays.  There is also a chocolate night in Hemingways off the Kantenah lobby on Thursdays, a Rock n burger party at the Colonial beach bar on Thursdays, a Kukos party at Colonial at noon on Tuesdays and a paella party with live band at Colonial on Sundays at noon. If foam parties are of interest there is one with live music on Colonial beach on Thursdays at 4pm.

Don’t hesitate to ask your butler for anything you may need. There is also 24 hour room service. You cannot order cocktails via room service but you will have 4 bottles of alcohol in your room. You can request juice to mix. There is also a 24 hour bar open in the lobby with premium drinks. The wine in your room has a charge so if you don’t wish to pay stick to house wine (Bring a bubba mug)

Room service

Be sure and make a sunrise. I was able to see the sunrise from my balcony in building 66.  You can also walk to the beach bar on White Sand ad grab a good coffee or mimosa for the sunrise.

Sunrise at TRS by Connie..This should get you started. Feel free to ask away.

Hmarquiscarr
          Participant

<i>Wow!!! Thank you so much for such an informative reply Anne!! </i>

This all sounds incredible, I didn’t quite realise just how much there was going on! Seems like a rocking resort! 

We have booked a suite – decided to go one up from the Junior Suite and also booked direct on their website as I thought they may prioritise the room requests for people who have booked direct? Would desperately love to see the sea from our balcony – will have to request and keep our fingers crossed! 

The latest review on TA seems a little scathing? Can only presume they didn’t tip their butler! Have you ever had issues with restaurants being closed etc? 

Do you know how the transfer from the airport to the hotel works? The one the TRS supply as we’ve booked with them? We also have resort credit but have read on here that it’s not that great? 

Thank you so much for everything once again.

Xx

Anne
            Keymaster

Yes I read that review. He also posted here. Frankly, the butler bent over backwards for me. I asked them for some personal favors and no problem.

The gentleman had specific expectations based on his “favorite” resort. TRS is fairly new and is still working on things. I can attest that from my December visit to my March visit that things had improved and they even implemented 2 of my suggestions in that short period of time.

When I first went in December the resort was fairly new and had a soft opening so it wasn’t busy. They did rotate the restaurants but the butlers were always informed as to what was open and they arranged all of my reservations accordingly.

I don’t know if the resort prioritizes reservations made on their website. Just send a room request a week before arrival. I had a great sea view in 66.

Room requests

Haven’t heard any complaints about the included transfer. It may be shared but all goes to the GP so no delays.

Resort credits are more like coupons so you have to spend money to use them, i.e. buy a bottle of wine. They do have a credit for the Segway Tours so that may be useful if you decide to do that.

Hmarquiscarr
              Participant

Hi Anne,

Ooh here’ hoping that our request will be granted!

I can imagine that some people aren’t so polite to the staff – some people are just rude.

I am impressed as we only booked earlier today and already had a call from Elsa at the TRS asking us what we would like to do to celebrate our anniversary. How fabulous is that!

So excited already!!!

Xx

Anne
                Keymaster

Wow!!  They are awesome.They try so hard.

The gentleman who wrote that report contacted me several times before he went and I had some hesitation based on some of his questions. Some people are just harder to please than others. I aways go wit the attitude of not sweating the small stuff and with a great appreciation for the wonderful staff.

When do you go?

Anne
                  Keymaster

Thank you Hannah for sharing this which was from Elsa the e-commerce manager. We will post more info from Elsa tomorrow.

“Thank you for prefering us and for answering our calls.

As we spoke, I send you more information about our services at the hotel, it could give you more ideas.

Please let me know what would you like to experience and I will be in charge of every detail.

Have a beautiful day,”

Anne
                    Keymaster

Congratulations Hannah & Matt on your engagement.

Honeymoon at TRS has been scheduled for November 2019!

Hmarquiscarr
                      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Awh thank you Anne! So very very excited!! Can’t wait to be back in paradise!</p>

Xx

Blueskies
                        Participant

Congratulations Hannah & Matt !

Anne
                          Keymaster

Some tips

Anne
                            Keymaster

Happy Wednesday

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Translate »