Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      nicolefisher
      Participant

Hi all! My new hubby and I will be visiting the Palladium in Jamaica in just 7 short days!!

I have already made a room request. Are there any events that are a must do for couples?

Also, we are going to bring Jamaican currency to tip in. I know they accept US dollars but I work at a bank and am excited to see different currency!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! We are so excited for relaxation AND adventure.

Nicole Fisher

Blueskies
        Participant

Congratulations ! I think you will love GP Jamaica for your honeymoon the sunsets are amazing.

So, things that I think may interest you as a new couple would be..

1) A couples massage

2) A sunset dinner at the Poseidon a la carte restaurant.

3) Some time at the adult only beach and Coral Pool.

The Palladium Hotel Group website also mentions this “Honeymoon couples can also enjoy other amenities such as a superior room upgrade (when available), a fruit basket, a bottle of rum and a romantic a la carte dinner.”

I am sure you will find plenty to do and will discover your favorite place to hang out. Dont miss trying the Jerk Chicken from the hut located at Sunset Cove, served every day at lunch.

Anne
          Keymaster

Welcome Nicole & congratulations!

You may want to check to see if they have the Honeymooner’s dinner as they have in Riviera Maya. Some people really enjoy meeting other honeymooners.

Anne
            Keymaster

I just looked at the  Palladum Jamaica App. They offer

Romantic Thursday dinner on the beach. It is $150 per couple

There is also a Romantic dinner under the stars for $195 per couple.

Aromatic bath with rose petals

nicolefisher
              Participant

The app has been super helpful! I can’t wait to use it while we are there. Thanks for the tips! I am beyond excited, this will be my first time out of the country. 🙂

Anne
                Keymaster

We live vicariously here so will look forward to hearing about your trip.

My daughter and I left the resort twice. We didn’t want to do a tour so both times the dispatcher in the lobby called her cousin Roger for us. He is a taxi driver and basically accompanied us everywhere (even dress shopping which was pretty funny)! Apparently this is common in Jamaica.  He charged us about half of the prices posted.

nicolefisher
                  Participant

If we plan on doing excursions and go anywhere that may have shopping..is US dollars acceptable or will we need Jamaican money?

nicolefisher
                    Participant

Also, what is the best airport transfer service?

Anne
                      Keymaster

Montego Bay Airport Transfer

I used Alfreds Taxi. If you use him be sure and request the van (new) (not car – old)

You can use US but bring small bills as they don’t always have change. Out tai driver Roger was running around trying to get us change!

Anne
                        Keymaster
                      Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Translate »