¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Hosteltur.com article – Palladium expansion

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Entrevista/ El grupo Palladium Hotel Group está inmerso en un proceso de remodelación y expansión en América. Por un lado invierte más de 20 millones de dólares (19 millones de euros) en la actualización de varios de sus hoteles en el Caribe; por otro trabaja para poner en marcha proyectos de hoteles en gestión lo que le permitirá acelerar la expansión proyectada en la región. Además, analiza los próximos destinos en los que ingresará en América, que son Cartagena de Indias y Aruba. Y, según el director de Operaciones para América, Felipe Martínez, “es posible que en poco tiempo vengamos para América con hoteles de ciudad”.

TRANSLATED: Interview/ The group Palladium Hotel Group is immersed in a process of renovation and expansion in America. On the one hand invests more than $20 million dollars (19 million euros) in the update of several of its hotels in the Caribbean; on the other hand works to implement projects of hotels in management which will allow you to accelerate the planned expansion in the region. In addition, analyzes the next destinations in which to enter in America, that are Cartagena de Indias and Aruba. And, according to the director of operations for the Americas, Felipe Martinez, “it is possible that in a short time we come to America with city hotels”.

The hotels of Palladium in the Caribbean have a special position in the markets of South America. The opening of the Grand Palladium Imbassaí, in Brazil, contributed to popularize the brand in the Southern Cone, but their establishments in Mexico and Punta Cana receive a good flow of passengers from Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and Brazil itself.

Felipe Martinez Green runs from Riviera Maya chain operations in the Americas, a structure of 13 hotels and more than 8,000 employees, the more the representation offices.

With 35 years of experience in the hospitality industry, still forming professionally: Currently pursuing a master’s degree in Tourist Enterprises in cesae. During the 2017 Markethub Americas of Hotelbeds in Mexico, the dialog with the Spanish Government, installed outside your country for two decades.

What has been the performance in this season is ending in May?

Very well. We are at 100%, not only in Riviera Maya but Punta Cana and Puerto Vallarta come very well. We had growth in all markets and what we see is rising each year, continuously, is the e-commerce, both through our channels as everyone else. It is the evolution of the way in which the customers to buy, with the cell phone, and the platforms that have more technology than the traditional tour operator take advantage. Looking for myself when I am booking or reservation on Expedia because I’ve already done, i have the application, it is super comfortable. That helps a lot.

How does the public of Latin America?

In Latin America, we are very well positioned, in Argentina, in Uruguay in Chile. In Uruguay, is a country very little but works very well. Also very well in the United States, like all the hotels of the Spanish hotel chains we are very focused on the U.S. market, doing many things there.

Beyond Brazil, is there any other country in which you are interested in being?

You are looking at things in Colombia, Cartagena de Indias, in Aruba there is enough interest, and obviously in Mexico in both the Caribbean and the Pacific.

Always with a product beach, all inclusive?

As far as I know, yes. Has there been any approach and interests in other segments. I believe that in the future will come the development of city brand, is common sense and pure logic. It is something that in Europe and in Spain in particular is working very well, particularly new brands, Only YOU. I believe that it is possible that in a short time we come to America with city hotels. Ushuaïa has a project for Cancun. If all goes as expected in 2019 will open the first Ushuaïa Ibiza, marrying outside the luxury item, only adults and electronic music.

Do you have improved the relationship of income?

We have six or seven years breaking records every year. We have a fantastic, we invoice every time better and get new things, continuously innovating. Is that it cannot be any other way. We have a funky, of people looking for new things to do, there are super rare and original ideas, some go forward and others do not. We listen to what the people want to go on vacation.

What is the average annual occupation?

The Riviera Maya last year we were between 92% and 93%. I believe that the destiny more flojito is Jamaica – we did a large reform in one of the two hotels- but we usually go above 80 and long, almost 90.

When will I start to operate hotels on management, something that was announced a few months ago?

In America we have a plan of expansion and what has been armando is a team to grab hotels in management. Up to now the hotels are basically the property of the company and that you limit the possibilities of growth. There are a lot of projects and the truth that there is no hurry but you’re selecting what you want to be very clear that wherever we go. It is a matter of months to begin with already some thing in management, here on this side of the Atlantic.

The insecurity in some destinations and markets of Europe, North Africa, Turkey, has benefited the Caribbean?

I believe that insecurity in some destinations in the Mediterranean has benefited primarily to Spain. Here, I do not believe. The Spanish market has spent a few years ago, complicated by the crisis, but more as a sender that as a receiver. That fortunately is already happening and Spanish tourists are returning to here to America. But I don’t think that has influenced.

What about the relationship between Mexico and the United States?

Well, let’s just say that are characteristics of a gentleman that courtesy prevents say a lot of things… but it is not something that has feet neither head nor going nowhere; Mexico and the US are doomed to be understood by the fraternal relationship of border. Mexico is very much dependent on the US and the United States of Mexico. You can appear illuminated with peculiar occurrences, and there it is. Sometimes this happens in the story.

What would you say that distinguishes Palladium?

We can all say that we are unique and special, those things of manual. I believe that we love what we do, and a lot of passion. We know what time we arrived at the hotel but not at what time we are going to end up. We have a team of very young people -i early fifties, I’m almost the grandfather- and we say that we are like a family. We do quite well, and in this way we serve clients.

How do you expect it to be this summer season in Spain?

Excellent. Spain is taking a few seasons spectacular. The bulk our is in Ibiza, this year the occupations have been advanced and cover almost the entire season; not only us but the entire world. Ibiza has reinvented itself completely in the last five or six years. The blame lies with our Ushuaïa and everything that has brought. Is burst.

What value you give to social networks and to the comments?

Social networks are the modern version of what we have done all the life that is talking with customers. I always say that a principal must patearse The hotel, walking, talking with the people who are working and with customers. Social networks allows you is to interact, this is a great merit. And it is all day and night, and are 24 hours. People like to give the opinion, and to listen to what you are saying.

Javier Lyonnet / Montevideo, Uruguay (javier.lyonnet@hosteltur.com)

@JavierHosteltur

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »