Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Blueskies
      Participant

The flights are now booked. After much discussion about weather to take a red eye connecting flight or a day time direct flight, we will be flying direct. Ultimately we decided less time in the air was a better choice regardless of arrival time. After far too long, we hope to return to The Royal Suites Yucatan in November. Only a few short days away…lol. Now comes the hard part, trying not to wish away the present in anticipation of the future.

Anne
        Keymaster

Wahoo!! It’s great having a countdown. You will love all the improvements at the Royal Suites.

Kern
          Participant

That’s wonderful news, Blueskies! We can’t wait to return in April! We booked Kantenah – have never stayed in the Royal section. Someday!!
            We’re looking forward to returning yet again, and seeing all the improvements throughout the resort.
            When we booked through the hotel website, it said something about transfers being included. Have you used them?? Just wondering how many stops they typically make at other hotels, or if it’s just for Palladium guests. We have always used AGI, but if the transfers are truly included, it makes sense to try. Thanks!

midtowngirl
            Participant

Great news! I love November down there. (I love April too!) I will be happy when we have an official countdown too, waiting for airfares to come out and settle down.

Blueskies
              Participant

Airfares are so high now. We had to use a credit before it expired so that offset the cost a bit for us.
                I have never used the transfer that is mentioned in the Palladium Webcome package. If it is included I will try it.I also would love to hear from those that have.

Anne
                Keymaster

There is a post on Facebook discussing it. The company is called Hotel Beds.Mostly good reviews.

Kern
                  Participant

Thanks, Anne! I don’t have a Facebook account. Does the transfer company make numerous stops? My gut tells me to just book with AGI, but perhaps we could use the Palladium transfer for the return (when I’m not in that much of a hurry!lol)
                    Our flight gets in around 10:45a.m., and I’d hate to have to wait to fill a bus before leaving the airport.
                    Thanks for any and all advice.

Blueskies
                    Participant

Copied from Facebook, I had forgotten all about this. Great memory Anne !

Shelley Lacroix-Goulet
                      October 20, 2015
                      Hello, the Palladium Hotel Group website says that if you book through them you get a welcome package that includes shuttle transfer for Riviera Maya and Jamaica. Has anyone used this service yet?
                      http://www.palladiumhotelgroup.com/…/palladium-webcome-pack…

Cape Cod Anne . They use Hotel Beds. Mosty good reviews.Its not really new.

Shelley Lacroix-Goulet Thank you! I didn’t know! I emailed them to schedule our pick up !

Brenda Wegert We would love to here your opinion once you return. It is a wonderful perk, as I see it.

Shelley Lacroix-Goulet Will do!!

Peter Gittinger We have used Hotel beds several times as that is the company used by the Travel Club. We have always been pleased with their service. Jamaica, however, I believe uses a different company.

Shelley Lacroix-Goulet Is it a small shuttle van or a big bus?

Peter Gittinger The travel club offers private transportation is a shuttle bus.

Linda Wickstrom we really liked hotelbeds.com

HOTELBEDS.COM

Amara Thongchua Korpi Yes, Hotelbeds has been great for all our trips through the TC.

Lynn Shallenberger Glad to hear.. we will be using Hotel Beds for transportation the 1st time…

Dane Schadel No problem with Hotel Beds. Was very happy I didn’t have to drive!

Shelley Lacroix-Goulet Awesome! Thanks everyone!!

Joe Boucher Private transfer or the big bus?

Shelley Lacroix-Goulet I am not sure but will let you know Nov 1st when we use it.

Shelley Lacroix-Goulet
                      Shelley Lacroix-Goulet I guess it isn’t included in my booking:

For bookings confirmed from May 2015 through our official website or CallCenter, applies the promotion for the complimentary shuttle service (shared transportation) provided by the external company HOTELBEDS. …See More

Kern
                      Participant

Thanks! Did Boatchick use it???

Blueskies
                        Participant

Kern; No she did not. They did use Hotel Beds but through the Travel Club which offers a direct transfer. Friends of theirs that booked through the Palladium website could have but chose not to as the disclaimer stated there may be multiple stops.

Thanks for your help Boatchick.

loke
                          Participant

Good information as usual. Enjoy your countdown ladies.

Kern
                            Participant

Thanks, everyone! Guess we’ll wait and figure it out as time draws closer. Please post if you read anything about Palladium transfers in the meantime. I’m leaning toward a private transfer.
                              Thanks.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Translate »