¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Live from GP RM – Portofino

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Lisa says, “Dinner at Portofino – steak, ravioli, panna cotta, orange mousse. Enjoyed the salad bar too  😋

Anne
        Keymaster

La Adelita

Anne
          Keymaster

La Adelita

Anne
            Keymaster

Fun night at Sumptuori last night. Enjoyed the 80s party it just didn’t last long enough, I wanted to keep dancing!

Anne
              Keymaster

Anne
                Keymaster

Now I’m a bit of a sceptic but….Chic Cabaret….wow! And I had to pay for it! The duck confit was mm mm mmmmm. That and the green chilli pepper aka cheesecake  😋

Now I’m a bit of a sceptic but….Chic Cabaret….wow! And I had to pay for it! The duck confit was mm mm mmmmm. That and the green chilli pepper aka cheesecake  😋

Anne
                  Keymaster

Bahia e Brasa, Riviera Maya –

Dinner at this Brazilian rodizio starts with a Caipirinha then a trip to the salad bar which had standard salad items, cold cuts and cheeses and some hot items such as rice, broccoli in cheese sauce and a fish dish. After your salad the waiters come to the table offering different meats served from a large skewer, which they carve and you catch with a little set of tongs.

Unlike other rodizios I’ve been to there was no menu showing the list of meats that were available, which may be helpful if you want to save yourself for something in particular! There was pork, lamb, chicken legs, two types of sausages, garlic bread, vegetables, turkey wrapped in bacon and three cuts of beef – ribeye, strip loin and brisket. You’ll find the beef is served quite rare, so you might want yours carved from the outside if you want some more well done.

The last item is cinnamon coated pineapple to cleanse your palate before dessert.

On the whole it was good. The garlic bread wasn’t warm enough so the butter hadn’t melted and the lamb was pretty chewy. The chocolate mousse got a thumbs down for its consistency, thick and rubbery, I think the worst dessert item I’ve had here. The strip loin was the best.

Would I go again? Not on the same trip but I would return on the next. The meat was all hot too, something I’ve had a problem with a lot while I’ve been here.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Translate »