¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Live – Royal Suites Turquesa

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Zak’s pictures & blog

Royal Suites Turquesa

Anne
        Keymaster

Zak says,

“Beach today was great! We arrived at about 8am, and while there were some seats reserved, there were still LOTS to choose from. We also noticed there were still plenty of seats around the main pool as well.

The beach is still just as clean and beautiful as it always has been. Very little seaweed compared to our last trip, and the water is actually quite warm. There was a storm blowing in but JUST missed us and blew up the beach toward the Princess… rained for about 10 minutes and then pure sunshine again.

Food is great so far. Chateaubriand last night was excellent. Ordered room service for lunch today as we sat by our swim-up pool. Very good. The quality of their room service has definitely improved since our last stay.”

Anne
          Keymaster

Zak says:

“You definitely do NOT need to upgrade to get a good room. We stayed in the deluxe suite the last time we were here and it was still very nice!

The food has been great so far at both of the Royal Suites restaurants and with Royal Suite room service. We have gone to the Palace buffet as well, which was good as well. Tonight we will be going to “Bhoghali”, the Indian a la carte,

This is our third visit to the resort, and I do not feel like the food quality has deteriorated at all.

People are playing the towel game, but we have managed to find a great spot at the beach every day so far, so it hasn’t been a problem.”

Anne
            Keymaster
              Anne
              Keymaster

We have been to both the Iberostar Grand and Royal Suites Turquesa.

While the Iberostar Grand was very nice, I definitely prefer the Royal Suites.

The service at both resorts is excellent, the grounds lovely, food is great.

However to me, the Iberostar feels more like a hotel back home (Four Seasons, Hilton etc) than a Caribbean resort. The “feel” of the resort is almost as important to me as food, drinks, service etc. So it is for that reason that I would choose the Royal Suites over the Iberostar.

Anne
                Keymaster

“During our stay they have been replacing all the palapas and bali beds on the royal beach. It looks great!”

On choosing between Palace & Bavaro:

The best thing about the other 3 resorts is that no matter which one you stay at, you can still use the amenities of the other two. Most people don’t spend a ton of time in their room anyway, so any choice you make would not be bad!

Personally, if I had to pick I would probably choose the Palace.

The Palace is a lot smaller, and closer to the action than some of the rooms at the Bavaro. The Bavaro section is HUGE with some rooms quite a ways back from the beach. However, we walked through the Bavaro last night, and the new renovations look great! The rooms are very nicely done.

Anne
                  Keymaster

Lobster & salmon was served at the lunch BBQ today.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Translate »