¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Merry Christmas from Paradise

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Merry Christmas to all. Sitting on my deck having a coffee. It is partly sunny/cloudy/breezy.

Had a wonderful night last night.Before we went out there  was a knock at the door. Two gentlemen stood with a lovely cheese platter and (another) fruit basket. Yikes.So much food!  Abby wanted to try the jacuzzi on our deck. It took about 35 minutes to fill. She enjoyed it while watching the full moon. The Gala dinner was wonderful. It began with strawberry flavored champagne at the door and roses for the ladies. Once seated we were offered a very good chardonnay (better than house wine). Food included unlimited grilled lobsters, prawns, prime rib, rib eye, various forms of roast pork, roast turkey, asparagus and many other veggies, salads, soups, amazing looking deserts. I ran into Diego. Hugs. Gracias to him for posting some pics on FB for us.

We caught a bit of two shows.The kids show had various clips from Disney movies including Beauty & the Beast, Frozen (who can forget Elsa!), the Little Mermaid. The adult show in Riviera had music and dancing and then there was a band and a party at 11:30. That was about the time Mom departed. Abby stayed out to meet friends. Coincidentally we were on the Royal cart (new carts) and Abby recognized the lady next to us as someone from UK that she had met last year. Abby said, “I just texted your daughter in Australia”. It was amazing. We had a nice chat and pics. Abby makes friends easily so I wasn’t too worried about leaving her (although I did check the clock a few times!)

Not sure what today will bring.Sun is really trying to come out so hopefully no rain. Going to wander to the Royal lobby for a cappy…have a happy Christmas everyone.

Blueskies
        Participant

Merry Christmas Ann. It all sounds wonderful unfortunately I for one cannot see Diego’s pictures. I assume it is a FB setting. I hope you enjoy your day, will you be going to see Santa on the beach ?

Anne
          Keymaster

I think Diego has some privacy settings. I’ll try and get some pics downloaded – soon

We spent several hours on the Kantenah beach. We’re at the Royal pool now.

Anne
            Keymaster

After a bit of a late breakfast walked over to Kantenah. Stopped at Punta Emilia to give Lucy a small Christmas gift for her expected baby. Absolutely no problem getting a lounger, even at 11 am. There was some wind and that brought in the seaweed so many people were choosing the pools over the beach, I think. There was some surf today so many were enjoying the surf. Abby tried the water and found it refreshing.

We had a late lunch then walked back to the Royal pool which we enjoy in the afternoon. Very relaxing.

While we were getting ready for dinner a knock at the door -beautiful assortment of sweets and (another)fruit basket. I declined the fruit as it was out third basket! Dinner at Punta Emilia was wonderful. Two racoons were chased off by staff. We both had garlic prawns.I had the seafood assortment and Abby the steak which was extremely tender. Waiter Eric was very attentive and ensured I would not be served Mahi Mahi which I am allergic to. No problem.

Sittng in Royal lobby wondering if we can make the pirate show which doesn’t begin til 10:30. Gets excellent reviews. There was an 8 pm pirate showw with Raggs for the kids. Tomorrow we are thinking of going into PDC. Forecast looks overcast.

Kern
              Participant

Good morning! Glad you had a nice holiday. Dinner at Punta Emilia must have been lovely. Enjoy PDC today!

midtowngirl
                Participant

Great report! Hope you get a little more sun, but would still love to be there too!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Translate »