¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Officially Planning!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      midtowngirl
      Participant

So we are officially planning our return trip for the last week of August (20-27). I’ve never been in the summer, closest time is September and boy was it hot. Hoping it won’t be “too” hot.

We are considering location because we will have a 5 year old. I think our best bet is a Colonial jr suite because it’s most central. We will want to be close to the waterpark, beach, and kids’ club (assuming I can get Brian to separate from us).

I was considering a Riviera suite to give us some more room, but I think the walking may be too much that time of year.

That leads me to the topic of sofabeds. Were they all replaced in Colonial during the renovations? I’ve been reading TA reviews (I know) for Riviera and WS and actually most reviews of the sofabeds are they are fine for sleeping. There were a couple isolated complaints of dirty/smelly ones. I thought if we flew SWA and had free luggage, that I might pack an aerobed just in case, but now that I am leaning more towards Colonial, I don’t think it’s necessary if all of the sofabeds are new.

For now, just waiting for SWA airfare to come out for our dates, and we will be booking!

Anne
        Keymaster

How exciting to share Paradise with Brian. I’d go with a Colonial Jr Suite. Ask for bldg 20 or 21 as those are super locations.Probably ground floor. Sofa beds are new. Happy for you!!

midtowngirl
          Participant

I forgot to mention that we may get my brother and sister-in-law to come with us, maybe grandma and grandpa too, and I am working to try and convince one or more of Brian’s school friends’ parents to join us. If he had a buddy, he’d definitely enjoy the kids club more.

Anne
            Keymaster

What a great idea. The kid were having a blast over Christmas week.

Anne
              Keymaster

Pool party with the kids club

Blueskies
                Participant

Whoo hoo, I’m happy you decided to take your son. I bet you will make lots of new memories in paradise. Happy planning, its half the fun…well maybe not half. lol

midtowngirl
                  Participant

Planning really is half the fun for me! I feel like I’m extending the vacation.

We went to Disney in October and I was in full planning mode for over a year. That’s a whole different proposition, though.

Anne
                    Keymaster

We really look forward to hearing about your experience with Brian, his exprience with food (I wouldn’t worry) and the kids club. Great staff there so hopefully he’ll give it a chance. Happy for you.

joan
                      Participant

Happy planning! Colonial 21 was a perfect spot for us last year with our daughter and her friends. Close for their activities, and not a bad walk for Cliff and I to Kantenah beach and perfect for the Secret pool.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Translate »