¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Our 2016 Royal Vacation

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Blueskies
      Participant

Our 2016 Royal Vacation

This was our 14th vacation to a Palladium resort. We have seen many changes through out the years, some good some not for us..for the most part we have always loved the improvements made at the resorts. Management is always listening to the clients and tring to please so many. Kudos !
        Lets start at the beginning, we flew with westjet and as always the flight and service was good. We arrived at the Cancun airport at 6:03pm and were on our way to the Royal Suites Yucatan with our private transfer company of choice, Canada Transfers, by 6:39pm. What a treat to get through customs and immigration so quickly with a nice green light.
        We arrived at the resort and were greeted with cool towels and a smiling reception. We were checked in in minutes and off to our room. We had planned on just ordering room service but after sitting so long we went for a lovely dinner at El Jardin and a walk.
        The room was well appointed and very clean, as always. We had a lovely fruit basket, flowers, champaign and chocolate covered strawberries awaiting us as we entered the room. Throughout our stay we received a beautiful tasty treat each afternoon/evening. A very nice touch ! We had a semi private location on the corner of Villa 69. We enjoyed the location of this room so close to the pool but with that came more noise than I like. The music played at the pool went from morning until later in the evening. I missed the quietness the Royal Suites has offered in the past. IMO

This trip was all about relaxation for us, we spent most of our time on the beach as that is a big part of what we come for. No side trips or late nights, just chillin…We missed on of our favorite ladies at Bar La Jarra, its not the same without Fernanda there.

Pelicans with the swimmers

Lazy beach days

We tried the Tapas and Chang Thai ala cartes. The food at La Lola was good but was not a place that will make our favorites list. Chang Thai was a spicey surprise, we enjoyed our meal there very much., LOVED the welcome drink. It was a bit odd however to here country music playing there.

We enjoyed every meal at El Jardin. The food and the service here is always amazing. Jamie(sp), Obert, Luis were just a few of the outstanding crew working there at this time. I look forward to seeing them when we return.

I found the buffets greatly improved from past visits. We ate at the Tikal, Kabah and Gran Azul. (note the fresh grilled selection at azul is not openly displayed anymore but is available if you ask)
        Music at Gran Azul

Music at Punta Emilia

Some random thoughts… It felt as if the resort has lost some of its authentic vibe. The new live performances around the resort are amazing but the other sounds form around the resort were “off” , like country in a Thai restaurant. I know you can’t” please all of the people all of the time” and with that said I hope there will be a better balance in the future.

I would like to thank all of the fantastic people of the palladium for all you do to make our vacations all that we dream. I would also like to thank Anne of Unofficial Palladium for going above and beyond to offer so many Palladium visitors a helping hand whenever asked.
        People always ask why we choose to return to the same place so many times. There are many reasons. Quality, service, friends and comfort are just a few. We have already booked a return trip to our “home away from home”
        Until next time !

#lovethepalladium

Anne
        Keymaster

Great report! I agree with your comments about country music. Too bad your room was noisy. I enjoy peace and quiet. Thanks for sharing.

Blueskies
          Participant

I will be adding pictures and videos to this post in the coming days.

loke
            Participant

Thanks Brenda, great report.  Living vicariously!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Translate »