¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Palladium TC Peace & LoveParty by Panzita

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Colonial

Created By: Panzita on Saturday, October 3rd, 2015

My wife and I traveled to the Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel from September 20 to September 27 to attend the first annual get together for the Palladium Travel Club. The Travel Club offered incredible discounts and over 400 members attended for the activities.

We stayed in an Ambassador Suite, which is a beautiful two room suite with a large bathroom. The room, 2130, is appointed with much the same room upgrades as the Royal Suites while having a location which is much more central. The only criticism, which management is aware of, is the whirlpool tubs on the balcony are unusable because they have no drains. Hopefully, they will be replaced soon.

The week was filled with activities on virtually every day. There was a meet and greet on Tuesday, a sunset margarita and martini social on Wednesday, a Mexican Panchanga on Thursday, and the Peace and Love Party Friday evening. The Travel Club manager at the resort, Laura Lopez and the supervisor, Ramiro, worked tirelessly and coordinated with all other departments to see that everything was a success. At the Peace and Love Party, three free weeks were given away to members through a raffle. As a matter of fact, my son was one of the lucky winners. I am looking very forward to next year’s party in Jamaica.

The resort is huge and beautiful. Every day we could see that the resort was making repairs to the extensive bridge and walkway system in addition to the daily maintenance and cleaning of the resort. The maintenance workers, who are often overlooked, as well as the housekeeping department, did a fantastic job.

We received amazing service at the Travel Club lounge from Ernesto and Veronica…despite being overwhelmed by the number of members being quadrupled over normal. They are awesome employees, and their contributions to every members’ vacations should not be overlooked.

We had several very nice meals. We ate at the Royal restaurant twice, Rodizio, Ribs and More, Sumptori, Punta Emelia, as well as the group dinner at the party. Every meal was good…some were outstanding. A special thank you to the staff from El Jardin…especially Joel…for their outstanding service.

While I know that no resort is perfect, and there is no such thing as a perfect vacation…I try not to be critical of small things in my reviews. However, I have to be critical of our concierge, Jordan, who appeared totally disinterested in assisting us after we declined to attend a sales presentation. He had already made our dinner reservations, or so we thought, but as there was not availability for our selected restaurants, he took it upon himself to change our reservations around without telling us. So we showed up for dinner at a restaurant where our reservation had been changed to another night…a night we had committed to a different dinner party. This is never acceptable.

Overall, the hotel in general, and the Travel Club in particular, did an outstanding job. I look forward to returning next year.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »