¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Pampered – 2nd visit to TRS

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

TRS Yucatan March 2018

This was my 2nd trip to the new, attractive TRS Yucatan. I have stayed at the original Royal Suites and the family side of the resort many times previously.

Amenities: The new TRS Yucatán is an exclusive adult only hotel as part of the Palladium complex on the Riviera Maya and consists of 454 newly renovated suites, 108 of which are swim up rooms.The original Royal rooms have a double jacuzzi on the deck while many of the other rooms have sweeping ocean views. There is a completely new beach experience featuring an adults-only Beach Club, 4 exclusive a la carte themed restaurants, a “Cabaret and Dinner Show”, a terrace that hosts different types of live music, and a new Infinity Pool.  The original (heated) Royal pool remains and the salt water pool is now part of TRS. The resort is a stunning contemporary style.

My daughter and I went to TRS shorty after it opened in December 2017.While it had some minor expected opening blips we felt like royalty and knew that this was only going to get better and evolve from above average to outstanding.

I planned this trip at the last minute mainly to meet my friends, the Lokes, from Canada whom I met at the Palladium in 2007. We had an immediate bonding, share many interests, world views and cocktails! Over the years I met the Lokes several times at the GP, even attending their son’s wedding there. When they told me they were going to GP in March I couldn’t wait to share the TRS experience with them.

Upon arrival I was met by the Lokes and received a warm welcome from the TRS staff and management. It truly felt like I was coming home. As it was early the Lokes and I went over to Helios for lunch while my room was being prepared. There was some pleasant live music playing on the deck overlooking the ocean. Helios reminds me of a beach club one might find in Ibiza. Two of us had the very good surf & turf burger which is a lean burger with guac and shrimp. Scrumptuous. The bun was “embossed” with the TRS logo. One of us had the salmon which Helios prepares perfectly to order.

After lunch I checked into my stunning room in 66 with sweeping ocean views. Love the “smart” bracelet and other smart features. My daughter and I had a lovely Jr Suite in 67 in December but this was even nicer. It was very well appointed with a beautiful, comfy king bed (I never wanted to get up), tub, double sinks, shower and water closet behind heavy mirrored doors, a glass closet and ample storage drawers. There was a coffee maker, a Nespresso, hairdryer , robe & slippers, and clothes steamer. Four bottles of liquor were supplied (which can be swapped out), fridge with soda, water, beer, snacks and four bottles of wine for purchase.

I received many nice touches while there including roses, champagne, chocolate treats, a fancy box with macaroons & chocolate covered strawberries that looked like works of art. There were even some fish shaped cookies in a box that looked like a sardine tin, special nightly plates and chocolates on my pillow.

WI FI: Excellent all over the resort

FOOD: The food at the TRS is the best I have had at an AI. From wonderful a la carte breakfasts at Capricho, attractive offerings at tasting stations, delicious shrimp, lobster, salmon, grouper,excellent steaks, chateaubriand, lamb chops, duck and more to satisfy even the most discerning diner. Things have improved from my December trip to March. Two of my suggestions from December were already implemented in March.(Gracias Palladium!) In addition, during busy times like Easter week, Helios also serves breakfast. Food is offered daily for lunch at Helios and the infinity pool, i.e. BBQ, Mexican tacos, paella, pastas, risottos, lobster and so much more (They rotate them so it is not repetitive.) There is attention to detail everywhere such as the embossed sandwich buns, TRS logos on the special goodies delivered to the rooms, the robe & slippers, laundry bag that reads “laundry today or naked tomorrow”, L’occitane products, and many other personal touches. There is also now a “book cart” which travels around the TRS pool area with recycled books, magazines, cards, suntan lotion, lens and facial wipes, clean towels.

FOOD ALLERGIES: Virtually everywhere I went, I was asked about food allergies. VERY on top of things. Chefs sometimes came out to chat with me also.

STAFF: Outstanding everywhere.The staff truly make guests feel like they are “home”. It was so nice seeing familiar faces like Alberto and Israel, many familiar waitstaff and bartenders. Staff cannot do enough and always with a smile. They frequently responded, “My pleasure”.I hesitate to name names as I will surely miss someone and my report will be a long list of great staff. I am baffled by a previous report about the butlers as the butlers were extremely helpful and knowledgeable on both of my trips. My philosophy is to treat people the way I want to be treated. One day I asked Alejandria where I might find a personal item and she assured me it would be delivered to my room that day, which it was. I would also like to thank Beatriz & Memo for coordinating my daughter’s birthday in December. The breakfast staff at Caprichoo were more than friendly and often helped me in locating my friends and seating us together. From waitstaff to butlers to entertainment to cleaning staff (immaculate resort), all stand out and are an asset to the TRS. I know some may be moving to the new TRS in Costa Mujeres so I’l just have to visit them there!

ENTERTAINMENT: The new Chic Cabaret is out of this world. This is a professional Broadway caliber show. It actually improved from December when I thought it was outstanding. It is a must see.The menu was eclectic and small food plates arrive throughout the nearly 3 hour show. Beef filet is melt-in your-mouth. There is a pre and post show party on the terrace.

Mario’s excellent Conclasse band sometimes plays at TRS and sometimes at Colonial. Other nice touches are live music such as harps and violins at breakfast and lunch, bands at the pool, Martine on piano some nights in the lobby(also in Hemingway’s). The POP staff now offer work out classes, yoga, pilates and more for TRS guests either on a schedule or a la carte upon request.

DRINKS: I only drink wine and found the house wine to be very good, imported from Spain and some American wine. The alcohol offered is all premium. There are four bottles included in your room which can be swapped. Coffees were excellent as was service and are often delivered as “coffee art”.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE is one of being pampered, made to feel special and valued. I wasn’t sure how my friends would enjoy the TRS experience as they are beach people. They always stay in a Kantenah Mayan Suite but were thrilled to be able to enjoy their meals and Chic at TRS. (Gold bands) They are very friendly with the staff and saw many of their old friends like Mayra who is now at TRS.They were so happy that they plan to return next year with their adult children. A bonus experience on this trip was meeting Blueskies Brenda and her family the night before I left. Blueskies & I have collaborated on UP and  other social media for some time now and it was truly a pleasure to meet this lovely lady in person.

I think that once one has experienced the TRS brand it would be quite difficult to stay on the family side. We grew to love the GP over the years from staying on the family side but the extra amenities at TRS would be hard to beat, although I do love the Kantenah Mayan Suites! My daughter often went to Colonial in the evenings in December for extra entertainment but felt very pampered at TRS and thus we will return, either to Yucatan or the new TRS Coral in Costa Mujeres.

TRANSFERS: Once again was professionally served by AGI Tours who also treated me like royalty! Highly recommend.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »