¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Tips from TRS Coral

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Jeff says:

Things I noticed, as an American at his first all inclusive in Mexico. Not bad things just items that may help you on your trip.no particular order

1There is never salt and pepper on the table
        2The table service is mostly by waiters and is very formal regarding table etiquette .I greatly enjoyed it even at breakfast.This is rarely found in the US anymore everything seems to be fast food and very informal.
        3When you ask for coffee most times you will get a product more like a US expresso
        4when you ask for cream for your coffee The will not understand ,ask for lettchee and you will get warm milk .
        5ketchup will be a challange
        6Portion sizes of the meals are very small compared to what you find in the US
        7I did not find any potatoes on the buffet for breakfast
        8I found converting to peso a pain in the butt
        9I took $150 in us 1dollar bills and it worked great for tipping
        10The front desk did not have US currency ,I had taken hundred dollar bills expecting to be able to break them into smaller bills but was unable to.
        11Charges to your credit card will be in Pesos and converted by the card company
        12could not use my discover card any place I tried, not accepted
        13The Pepsi (I never saw a Coke)is much more carbonated than it is in the US .When you unscrew the top it pops like nothing I have ever seen. Do not drink it fast from the bottle it gave me indigestion ,pour it over Ice let it air out, especially if you have kids
        14No craft bears like is all the rage in the US right now
        15My biggest disappointment no Corona beer. I got over it ,just surprised.
        16Mexican construction is not on the level of quality that you find in the US. Very elaborate construction but the attention to finish details is very inferior to what we are used to. I think some of this is due to the speed at which they built this facility and the available work force.
        17Also regarding construction they use a lot of manual labor and very few machines. The men and women working, work long hard hot days
        18bathing suits and other wet things ,even the deck on our swim out do not seem to dry, I cant explain it .its just weird. Doesn’t mater if it is inside or out.
        19You will not find typical US tv channels no ABC CBS NBC there was FOX CNN and others
        20 Shower and toilet lights turn on automatically you can not turn them off they timer off ,so if you like showering without bright lights you are out of luck.
        21toilet noises can be heard thru the whole sweet since everything is tile and glass so turn the volume up on the tv before you enter
        22I do not think there is a exhaust fan in the toilet
        23very little lighting in the safe area hard to see the numbers don’t forget your reading glasses
        24you can not turn off swim out deck lights ,cover them with an outside pillow its a little more romantic.
        25 Trs swim out suite is very open floor plan not sure I would want to be there with someone I wasn’t pretty intimate with
        26There is a beach Waiter named Jesus tell him Jeff from New Jersey sent you. this guy hustles, I would tip him big when I got there and my glass was never empty. Great guy, tip him well. Also in the French restaurant waiter named Martin was unbelievable had dinner with him twice.
        27I didn’t feel the quality of the steaks was as high as what you find in the US
        28The lobster is warm water lobster, no claws ,not the Main cold water lobster you get in the North East.
        29 Not a shell on the beach pure white sand it is pretty amazing.
        30No sea gulls, it blew my mind, not a one. You can eat lunch without being swarmed.
        31go para sailing it was an amazing view of land and ocean only $70 per person the captain will take pics and sell you the sd card for $40
        32We did a Cenote tour that was mind blowing, look it up ,it takes all day. You repel or zip line into them and swim around they let you dive off the 30 foot cliffs well worth the $120 plus $59 for 190 photos their photographer took.
        33curently there are no blender drinks at the beach only on the rocks.
        34The guys in light blue shirts are a pain in the but they act like they work at the hotel but they are trying to sell their vacation program avoid, avoid ,avoid. They even approach you at the beach. Close your eyes act like you are sleeping
        36plenty of souvenirs ,alcohol ,cigarettes and cigars when you get to Cancun airport on the way home .I am not sure I would have ventured into the city.
        37 Ft Lauderdale airport customs is a mess it took us 4 hours to get thru and we missed or connecting flight had to get a room and spend the night and fly home the next day.
        37 make sure you go online and fill out your Mexican immigration forms and print them before you go it will save a lot of time.
        38Some women here wear very small thongs to the beach and pool. Much smaller than you will ever see in the US.
        That’s all I can think of right now hope it helps, enjoy your trip .

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »