¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Total Rest & Relaxation in the Royal Suites

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Shared by Mark

This review is for our travel to Grand Palladium Riviera back at New Years 2016 so I apologize for the delay. We travelled from December 30th to January 12th. This review is a bit different as we unfortunately experienced a side of the resort that we wish we didn’t have to explore but were so glad we were at Palladium to do so.

The first four days were incredible. New Years Eve was packed and the food was incredible. The staff did their absolute best to keep things moving and put on a very special night for everyone. The resort was spotless as always. Pools are a little chilly this time of year but the weather was phenomenal.

Unfortunately night 4 we woke up at 1:30am to our 3 year old in a sever bronchial spasm, not able to breath and gasping for air. He has never had this. It would not go away. Calling the front desk in a panic unaware of whereto even start the resort then amazed us in a moment of fear. They had security in our room in minutes, a resort doctor to our room in less than 5 minutes by ATV fully prepared with oxygen and huge bags of equipment and medicine ready to handle anything. (this was now officially the worst nightmare of my life) After realizing he was getting less than 80% of the necessary oxygen to his lungs without assistance from oxygen; they called for an ambulance which was to our villa door in minutes (we were near the water of the riviera so this was incredible) We were taken by ambulance to the hospital in Playa Del Carmen 30 minuets away. Betty the manager at the front desk went out of her way to follow up with my wife first thing in the morning and make arrangements to get her and my other son to us in Playa Del Carmen. Turned out thankfully it was only Croup without warning signs and he was released the next afternoon. Upon arrival back at the resort Betty again went out of her way to grab us on the way into the hotel to see how he was. They followed up again the next day as well to see how he was and sent a gift to the room as well for him.

I never thought I would experience this side of the resort but can tell you they guaranteed our return with how incredible they were in a time that we really needed them.

The staff here are incredible. Luckily the vacation resumed (with medication of course) and everyone walked away after 14 days loving the resort even more than our first trip and having a new appreciation for what they do. I don’t think this would have turned out the same at other reports I have stayed at.

The last two nights were topped off with exceptional service in the Kantenah buffet from Yonatan Arguello. It takes quite a bit to amaze us with service but this guy did it. He was amazing with the kids and his dinner serving skills were better than any restaurant we have experienced on or off resort in Mexico or back home in Canada

Thank you Betty, Jonatan and the rest of the Palladium staff… We are already counting down to December 30th of this year as we are ready for another return visit.

Stayed January 2016, traveled with family

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »