¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports TRS Yucatan -Terrific -Relaxing- Suave

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Blueskies
      Participant

TRS Yucatan -Terrific -Relaxing- Suave :We traveled from March 10-17, leaving behind the cold and snow for our favorite tropical paradise. The Grand Palladium Riviera Maya and The Royal Suites Yucatan, now known as TRS Yucatan have been our home away from home for many years. We are often asked why we return time and again ? There are a few reasons, 1) The staff, many of whom have become friends and others friendly acquaintances who always greet us with a warm smile. 2) We never get bored, the resort chain does a wonderful job of changing things up while holding true to what we fell in love with all those years ago. 3) The food, we always enjoy the offerings around the complex. Now, you might be thinking we have nothing to compare to and we return because of that but that isn’t so. We have been to more than a few other resorts in this locale as well as other destinations. We find ourselves drawn back here because of all it has to offer. We arrived at the Cancun airport after a long day of travel, the older I get the longer those flights seem. We were through the airport in about 30 minutes. I find the time it takes to get trough since the addition of terminal 4 has greatly improved. Our pre- arranged transfer was waiting with our name on a sign, which made it easy to spot. Soon were on our way to the resort. When we arrived to the resort the couple we traveled with was awe struck with the luxurious entrance of the TRS lobby. This was their first time to the resort but it won’t be their last. Check in was smooth and fast. We were whisked off to our rooms in Villa 70. What can I say, we opened the door to the most modern room we have stayed in yet. At first, it is a lot to take in but you soon settle in just as in any room. The butler walked us through the room showing us how everything worked. I love the new light system to alert housekeeping and others, whether you would like your room cleaned or not to be disturbed. Great idea ! We were on the 2nd floor with a totally private balcony complete with a large jetted tub. The beauty of the green leafy jungle view is a welcome sight after months of white snow. The room itself is a bit dark, I think the smoked mirrors everywhere absorb some of the light. The only time it is a real issue is when a lady tries to apply her make up without leaving the room looking overdone. I found that if you take the magnifying mirror (light on) over to the area above the safe, you can make do with the lighting from above. We spent most mornings on the beautiful Kantenah beach, my favorite place on the whole resort. There was a fair amount of sea grass, which the resort did a great job of keeping clean. It never stopped us from swimming., so much fun ! We loved the new infinity pool but wished it had more shaded areas for those of us who tend to burn easily. Everyone enjoyed lunches at Helios, the food is amazing and the service was great. Try the surf and turf hamburger, yumm ! A lean burger with guacamole and shrimp. I could go on and on. All meals we had been really good, no complaints ! We tried to attend all of our favorite events: Country music and burgers each Thursday is one of them. The band Mad Horse is fantastic ! The Rock Forever show featuring Radio Zero is another must see show, if 80s rock is your thing. Chocolate Night at Hemingway is such a great way to end the evening. Luis makes a tasty chocolate martini. Chic Cabaret : What an AMAZING show ! There have been a few changes since our visit in December. You are no longer required to pre select your meal. Now you will be served a tiny portion of each offering. I loved this idea of tasting something you may not normally choose. Be sure to arrive at the TRS lobby around 7 pm and enjoy the pre show entertainment. Irving and Radio Zero perform on Monday’s and Friday’s before the cabaret. The theme song is no longer a part of the show. It would be nice if a replacement could be found. The crowd responded well to it previously and it added an energy that wasn’t quite there this time. If you have an opportunity to attend the CHIC CABARET, do. It is a MUST and is sure to be the highlight of your next visit. Zentropia Spa: We enjoyed the water circuit and 2 different massages. A 50 minute lomi massage and a 80 minute Mayan cleansing -hot stone massage. Both were fantastic ! I highly recommend purchasing from the spa staff on the beach or around the pool, often times you can negotiate a better price than listed. I would like to give a big hug and thank you to Lizzy, Roxanna, Beatrice and the butler’s of villa 70 and the TC concierge for making this stay extra special for our travel companions, who were on their belated honeymoon and celebrated a Birthday while we visited. I’m sorry, I can’t recall all of your names. The room was decorated with rose petals upon arrival. Later that night they returned to a filled Jacuzzi with bubbles, rose petals and floating candles. (no pics, sorry) On Chantelle’s Birthday they were surprised to with two t-shirts awaiting them upon return to their room. The cake and a bottle of campaign at dinner were a very nice touch. Thank you to the wonderful staff at Tentazione for making it a fabulous evening. It was nice to have a quick visit with Anne from Unofficial Palladium, Rosy, Pedro and Felipe. I hope to see you all again soon. We loved showing the resort to new guests. We have become accustomed to the level of service and amenities of the resort complex. It was an incredible feeling to see their reactions throughout the week, we looked at the resort with a heightened level of gratitude. It is a privilege and a pleasure to visit. Until next time …

Anne
        Keymaster

Great report. Thanks for sharing.

So glad you have a good time and that your travel mates also had a great time.

Blueskies
            Participant

It was a great vacation ! Different from our usual but that’s a good thing once and awhile.

Boatchick
            Participant

Awe… I am getting so ‘Homesick’… great report… Your description of the TRS Yucatan is going to make it hard for me to leave my favorite Kantenah Mayan Suites…Sounds like relaxing fun visit…

Blueskies
                Participant

You at least have to try it once. We still love KMS and will struggle with the choice going forward.  (First world problems )

Blueskies
                Participant

Thank you Rosy for your wonderful response to this trip report also posted on Trip Advisor.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g499445-d983682-r568116983-TRS_Yucatan_Hotel-Akumal_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Dear BlueSkiesnSand,

It was a pleasure to welcome you and your friends in your beloved tropical paradise.

Thank you for sharing your delightful experience as it also helps us to know all the aspects you enjoyed and to identify the areas of opportunity; we really appreciate your suggestions!

Furthermore, we feel proud for all the staff that did an amazing job, surprising your friends with special details for their celebrations and serving you with the genuine hospitality and treating you like family! We will congratulate Lizzy, Roxana, Beatriz and your butlers in villa 70, for this outstanding performance.

We also thank you for highlighting your approval for the new menu in our dinner Show at Chic Cabaret, we trust that you also noticed the changes we have made in the show itself, we will continue adding great touches to improve it and continue surprising you, our chefs and all the stars of the night thank you for your feedback!

I personally, was very happy to see you and I am glad to know that on this visit you remembered how it feels, to experience our TRS Yucatán Hotel for the first time, recognizing in the eyes of your friends, those moments that take your breath away and will continue to transport you back to this, your home away home.

We can’t wait to welcome you again! Receive a big hug and our best wishes for Easter!

Rosa Rivero
                  Hospitality Manager

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Translate »