RIVIERA MAYA FOOD & BEVERAGE
If it’s a wide variety of food you love, the Grand Palladium Riviera Maya offers an endless array of options and menus. During your stay you can enjoy different buffet restaurants for each meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and for dinner you can enjoy up to 9 different A la Carte restaurants with a variety of cuisines that will take you from Italy, passing through the Mediterranean, then to Brazil and finally finishing with the best Steak House. A selection that is sure to satisfy every palate, impeccable service and the best atmosphere that will make your stay a dream come true.
The Grand Palladium Hotel Group prides itself in making it possible for everyone to enjoy their vacations. Whether you are a couple, a group or a family the Grand Palladium Riviera Maya has something for everyone. If you or someone you are traveling with has any food allergies or special requirements your needs will be looked after. You can learn more about the Grand Palladium’s food allergy program in this short article and by watching this very informative video all about the program and the resorts accessibility. The Palladium Dietary Card program that will cater to guests with the following food allergens:
- Nut allergy
- Fruit and Vegetable allergy
- Seafood allergy
- Egg allergy
- Dairy and Lactose allergy
- Fish allergy
- Sodium Glutamate allergy
- Type 2 Diabetic
Guests are requested to contact the Front Desk or Guest services staff and let them know about their Food Allergies. You will then be given a card that can be carried along to the different restaurant around the resort. By showing the card at the restaurants, the Maître, Executive Chef or Food and Beverage Manager will give you the required assistance.
For a “Behind the Scenes” look at the Grand Palladium Riviera Maya, check out this article.
The kitchen Tour is offered Wednedays at 11:30 AM (if there is enough interest). Closed toed shoes, long sleeves are required. Arrange with guest services.
The four resorts offer guests an extensive variety in food, beverages and entertainment. This includes:
- Nine unlimited a la cartes
- Five buffets
- 26 bars(4 beach bars, 2 open 24/7 with food)
- ROOM SERVICE from 11 am to 23 pm ? EXT. 8718
- Room Service Menu (All Rooms)
THE DRESS CODE
Dress Code Guidelines – Riviera Maya
Prepared by Anne & Brenda, Managers,Unofficial Palladium.
We hope you will find this useful when trying to decide what to pack/wear if in doubt. While everyone will have their own thoughts on this, common sense will go a long way.
Enjoy your vacation !
Breakfast is usually eaten at a buffet. Please wear shorts & T shirt, or many wear a bathing suit with a coverup. Foot wear required.
Beach bars: Bathing suits OK. Please wear ftip flops or sandals.
Gran Azul & La Laguna (above main pools): Bathing suits with cover ups OK.Men please wear a T shirt.All need foot wear.
La Hacienda,Tikal, Kabah: DRY bathing suit with coverup. No tank tops for men. Foot wear.
Buffets: For men & women: shorts & t shirts OK Footwear. No tank tops. No running shorts or beach wear.
A la Cartes: There is a dress code for men. Not for women which is unfortunate as many young women overlook any code of decorum by wearing very short, torn denim shorts etc. Most of us enjoy dressing up a bit in a sundress or nice capris. Men please do not wear cargo shorts.
Official Dress Code:
- A la Carte’s : formal pants, long or short and shirts with sleeves.
- Dress code for buffets : casual attire, must not be wet.
- Foot wear is required at all dining facilities including the Pool side restaurants.
- All restaurants are non smoking, except the Gran Azul and La Laguna.
The buffets are the perfect choice if you are looking for a quick, convenient and safe option; if you want to always make the right choice when choosing your menu. Buffet restaurants serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. With a wide variety of dishes and stations, all guests will find a culinary option to their liking at any meal.
La Hacienda Restaurant: Located in Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa.. Buffet service including Italian and Mexican specialties, Show Cooking and A/C. Breakfast: 7:00 to 11:00, lunch 13:00 to 15:30, Dinner: 18:00 to 22:30
Tikal Restaurant: Located in Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa.. Buffet service including Italian and Mexican specialties. Show Cooking and A/C. Breakfast: 7:00 to 10:30, Dinner: 18:30 to 22:00.
El Gran Azul Restaurant: Located opposite the main swimming pool at Grand Palladium
Colonial Resort & Spa. / Kantenah. Buffet served in a beautiful outdoor restaurant with a spectacular palapa and wonderful views over the main pool. Featuring Italian specialties and Show Cooking. Breakfast: 11:00 – Lunch 12:00 to 16:00, Snack: 18:00 to 17:00, Afternoon Tea: 17:00 to 18:00.
Kabah Restaurant: Located in Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa. Buffet service including Italian and Mexican specialties, Show Cooking and A/C. Breakfast: 7:00 to 11:00, lunch 13:00 to 15:30, Dinner: 18:00 to 22:30
La Laguna Restaurant: Buffet service next to the main pool of Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa. Beautiful outdoor restaurant under a spectacular palapa with wonderful views over the main pool and the lake. Features Italian specialties and Show Cooking. Breakfast: 11:00 – Lunch 12:00 to 16:00, Snack: 18:00 to 17:00, Afternoon Tea: 17:00 to 18:00.
A LA CARTE
A la carte restaurants are open from 5:30pm to 10:30pm. Only for evening meals, dress code required. All restaurants are non-smoking and have Air Conditioning, except Gran Azul and La Laguna which are open air.
NOTE: All guests can use all the Restaurants Buffets, A la Carte and Bars, no matter where they are; except the Bars and Restaurant located in “The Royal Suites”, they are exclusive for the TRS Yucatan guests, select Travel Club members, and VIP guests.
Adults only a la carte
- On a rotating basis, the restaurant(s) will be designated as adult only for that evening. Guests may check with guest services, the information can also be found on the bulletin boards.
- No reservations are required for the A la Carte restaurants.( With the exception of the Tepanyaki Show table at Sumptouri, the beach BBQ and Punta Emilia. These must be booked the day prior with guest services.) If you have to wait you will be given a pager that will go off when your table is ready. You will have 15 min to arrive at the restaurant once it goes off.
- Guests with A la carte reservation privileges, Royal, Travel Club Members with this option in their contract and VIP, Imperial Club (Air Transat) and Repeat guests who have visited 4 or more times (subject to change) may make reservations at any a la carte restaurant and these reservations may be made in advance or with Guest Services. Repeat guests are allow to reserve 3 a la carte restaurants, 6-7 stays are allow to reserve 5 a la carte restaurants and returning guests with 8 or more stays have unlimited reservation privileges. (subject to change)
- If you have a group of ten or more people and you wish to dine together you may make a group reservation with guest services at least 24 hours in advance. The group will all have to choose a common entrée and dessert.
- Punta Emilia a la carte and Teppanyaki (show cooking) tables at Sumptuori Restaurant; guests can make reservations (subject to availability, suggest booking as soon as possible) one day before by 1:30 PM with Guest Services.
- Guest Service desk opens at 8AM will close for lunch at 1:30 PM and open again at 2:30 PM. Located in the Lobby.
Guests may order lobster for an additional charge ($) at any of the a la carte restaurants. Royal guests may also order the “Royal Lobster” or one of the other lobster entrees at no extra cost.
Chang Thai: Located off the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa lobby. Thai theme foods sure to please at this new a la carte. Chang Thai menu
Sumptuori: Restaurant is opposite the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa lobby and offers “a la carte” dining featuring Japanese cuisine. Reservations required for the Tepanyaki Show. Sumptuori menu
La Adelita: Restaurant is opposite the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa lobby and offers “a la carte” dining featuring Mexican cuisine. La Adelita menu
El Dorado: Restaurant is located opposite the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa lobby and offers “a la carte” dining with Steak House specialties. El Dorado menu
Portofino: Restaurant is located opposite the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa lobby and offers “a la carte” dining featuring Italian Trattoria cuisine. Portofino menu
- Don’t forget to try the Baked Alaska (photo by Amy) for desert when you are done enjoying your dinner here. It is one every ones favorites, and is not on the menu so be sure to ask your waiter about it if you would like to try it.
La Lola: Restaurant is opposite the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa lobby and offers “a la carte” dining featuring Spanish cuisine. La Lola menu
O’pavao: Restaurant is opposite the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa lobby and offers “a la carte” dining featuring Brazilian cuisine. Indulge your taste buds in an extensive variety of skewers, both vegetable and meat. ( many of which are meat). Start your experience of with a plate form the offerings at the salad bar followed by side of potato or rice and your choice skewered meat. Don’t forge to save room for dessert.
Punta Emilia: Restaurant is located beachfront at Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa and offers “a la carte” dining featuring fish and rice specialties. Outdoor restaurant. Reservations required, one day before at the Public Relations desk. Open from 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM. No dress code applies. Punta Emila is also a 24 hour snack bar when not serving dinner. Punta Emilia menu Punta Emilia snacks- beach bar)
Exclusively for Royal guests, select Travel Club Members and VIP guests. El Jardin offers personalized service, for breakfast and dinner, (Buffet and a la carte)
You may also enjoy :
- Everyday at the Royal Suites Yucatan there is a different special offered from the Tasting Menu. Book the day ahead with your butler just like you would for the Chef’s Dinner.Tasting Menu
El Jardin Chef’s Martin Night
- Chef’s Martin night is held on Wednesdays and needs to be booked 1 day in advance. There is a limited number of seats.( usually outdoors on the terrace ). The meal consists of a pre-set menu with the chef Martin, the menu is posted at the entry to El Jardin. Chefs Dinner
The Royal Room Service
- The Royal Breakfast
- 07:00 – 11:00
- “Fill your Suite with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and indulge in a delicious breakfast. Fresh homemade muffins and croissants, toasts, pancakes, all egg dishes, seasonal fruits, fresh pressed juices and much more; our diverse menu offers a complete range of delights to start a perfect day.”
- All Day Dining
- 11:00 – 23:00
- “Enjoy a real in-room dining experience with a wide range of delicious options. The Quesadillas & Fajitas, full of traditional Mexican flavors, are great for lunch after a long day on the beach.”
- The Royal Specialties
- 17:30 – 22:30
- “A specially crafted, royal selection offers the very best of the world´s finest cuisines. Delicious Asian and seafood dishes, from a shrimp cocktail to a lobster, all complemented with savory salads or grilled vegetables. The extensive wine menu has something for everyone’s taste”.
- 23:00 – 07:00
- “A carefully elaborated overnight room service offers delicious snacks and Italian favorites, hamburgers, fajitas, quesadillas, tacos, burritos, refreshing drinks and cocktails. You can choose a side of chips, French fries, salad or fruit.”
Dial: 8718 – The approximate maximum time for delivery 40 minutes.
Thank you to Stacey Dawn Wyber for these great pictures.
Beach BBQ : A reservation is required, book at the guest services desk the morning prior to the day of the scheduled BBQ. The beach BBQ is subject to the weather. There are two seatings, one at 7:00pm and another at 8:30pm. The days on which the BBQ is held may change due to occupancy and or wedding parties. To avoid any confusion be sure to verify when you check in or with guest services located in the lobby. There is wait service for drinks and the dress code is causal. Food is grilled outside and served buffet style. The menu consists mostly of grilled food – ribs, chicken, steak, etc.; along with side dish options, salad bar, various breads/rolls, and fruits for dessert. It’s a fun and festive atmosphere with a live band playing for you as you dine by candlelight under the stars.
Thank you to Jane Elizabeth and Lynn Shallenberger and Doug Purnell for these great pictures
Paella on Colonial beach, held on Sundays from 12 pm to 3:00pm near the Colonial Beach Bar. This is first come, first served.
Rock & Burger is held on Thursday’s from 12 – 2 pm at Las Olas beach bar.
Tea Time is offered at the Grand Azul and La Laguna bars, as well as all of the lobby bars starting around 3pm. There is an assortment of pastries and other freshly baked goodies available for your enjoyment.
Breakfast with RAGGS for the young ones in your group is held on Wednesday mornings at 9:00 AM, reservations are required. Book your seat with guest services. Raggs Kids Menu
If you are a foodie like some of us, be sure to check out the RECIPES page; featuring some original Palladium favorites, new Palladium Exquisites and some tasty libations to wash it all down.
The Riviera Maya’s Grand Palladium Resorts offer the highest quality room service included in your stay. Enjoy the intimacy, comfort and exclusivity of our extensive selection, between 11 am and 11 pm. Our room service includes starters, main dishes and desserts for all tastes. Salads, sandwiches and wraps are a great option as starters or for a lighter bite. Quesadillas, hamburgers, pizza and pasta are some of our main dishes. Give in to your sweet tooth with desserts such as fruit, brownies or crème caramel. Palladium Premium provides a final elegant touch with gourmet recommendations, wines and cigars at an additional charge.
The service can be requested using telephone extension 8718
- Room Service Menu (All Rooms)
- Babies Room Service
- Room Service Menu (Travel Club )
- Royal Room Service 2017
Colonial Lobby Bar Open: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
La Plaza Bar (Colonial Lobby) Open: 8.30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Kantenah Lobby Bar Open: 10:00 a.m. to midnight
White Sand Lobby Bar Open: 10:00 a.m. to midnight
TRS Lobby Bar Open: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
El Teatro Bar (Riviera Lobby) Open: 8.30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
El Rinconcito Bar (in Kantenah adult pool) Open: 10:00 am to 6:00 p.m.
La Jarra Bar (Kantenah Beach) Open: 10:00 am to 6:00 p.m.
Secret Bar (in Colonial adult pool) Open: 10:00 a.m. to midnight
La Isla Bar (White Sand adults pool) Open: 10:00 am to 7:00 p.m.
Las Rocas Bar (Salt water pool) Open: 10:00 am to 6:00 p.m.
El Gran Azul Bar (Main Pool-Colonial Kantenah) Open: 10:00 a.m. to midnight
Swim-up Bar (Main Pool-Colonial Kantenah) Summer Hours: 10:00 am to 8:00 p.m. Winter Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
La Laguna Bar (White Sand / Riviera Main Pool) Open: 10:00 a.m. to midnight
Swim-Up Bar (White Sand / Riviera Main Pool) Summer Hours: 10:00 am to 8:00 p.m. Winter Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Punta Emilia Beach Bar (White Sand Beach) Snacks from 12.00am to 5:00 pm. Thematic from 5:00 pm to midnight.
Churchill Bar (Smoking allowed) (Kantenah Lobby) Open: 6:00 p.m. to midnight “Premium” Beverages
Hemingway Bar (Kantenah Lobby) Open: 6:00 p.m. to midnight Non- smoking. International “Premium” Beverages and selection of board games and books. Special Coffee / Chocolate Coffee menu
- Enjoy the chocolate selection every Thursday evening starting at 6pm
Tequila Selection photo credit to Stacey Dawn Wyber
Sports Bar (Colonial Lobby) Open: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. Snack service from 6:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Featuring a giant screen TV for sporting events, pool tables, football, computers with internet access. Sports Bar Menu
Bars at A la Carte restaurants:
- LaLola & Portofino : Bar Open: 5:30pm to 10:30pm
- O’pavao & Ribs & More : Bar Open: 5:30pm to 10:30pm
- Adelita & El Dorado : Bar Open: 5:30pm to 10:30pm
- Chang Thai & Sumptuori : Bar Open: 5:30pm to 10:30pm
- Christmas Eve 2016 / NY Eve
- Alcohol Selection
- Punta Emilia snacks
- Children’s menu
- Coffee Menu – Hemngways
- Special Coffee / Chocolate Coffee menu
- El Dorado
- El Jardin – Tasting Menu (subject to change)
- El Jardin– (new set menu subject to change)
- La Adelita 2017
- La Lola (Feb 2017)
- Las Olas (Colonial Beach Bar) Cocktail Menu
- Las Olas (Colonial Beach Bar) Snack Menu
- Chang Thai
- Ribs n More
- Ribs n More Burgers
- Sports Bar
- Punta Emilia
- Rodizio is now O’pavao
- O’pavao (New Brazilian Restaurant)
- Raggs Kids Menu
- Gluten free
- Room Service Menu (All Rooms)
- Babies Room Service
- Room Service Menu (Travel Club )
- Beach Club (Travel Club Lounge )
- Moon light dinner
- Wine list
- Extra Amenities 2016
- Royal Room Service 2017
- Royal Pool Snacks and Cocktails
- Royal Suites Ice Cream
- Chefs Dinner wednesdays at El Jardin, menu changes.
- Royal Suites Yucatan Beer : Coors Light, Sl, XX Lager, Miller, Bohemian dark, Heineken, Artisanal Beer brewed locally in Quintana Roo: Akumal, Tulum and Cieba
- Zentropia Spa Juice Bar