¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Fantastic trip to K Family Select

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster
        Anne
        Keymaster

Nikki wrote:

Just returned from the family section and my 5 and 8 year old had a blast! Staff at the kids club is outstanding! Especially the staff at the Family Section pool. My kids were pretty obsessed with all the activities and the attention they received from the kind staff. We will miss them tremendously! Family pool is relaxing with great service and options for food, snacks for the kids and prizes for the games. Tip and take care of the staff and they will take extra care of you! Tip the omelette cook, tip your room service, tip the person serving ice cream, tip the staff at the kids club.
          The staff is incredibly nice they went above and beyond for us. Our Room was awesome! Try not to complain nothing is ever going to be perfect. It’s busy season just be happy enjoy the views and the warm sunshine.

Anne
          Keymaster

Printed with permission from S

We recently got back from a week in FS. I was initially skeptical about booking FS due to the price difference (since all Kantenah rooms were renovated) but we really wanted a swim-up room. We ended up not using our swim-up pool very much, but FS was 100% worth it.
            eConcierge: I emailed them a week before our arrival and requested a King room in Villa 49 which is what we got. The eConcierge was very responsive and also sent me the Family Boss wish list and almost everything I requested was in our room when we arrived.

Butlers: Cesar and Eduardo were very responsive and helped us with whatever we needed. Cesar booked us into Sumptuori teppanyaki and the Raggs breakfast, which I couldn’t do from the app. Extra wash cloths, refills on bar items, toiletries, calling us a cart whenever we needed. Eduardo’s English is excellent. The day before departure, Cesar messaged me to find out our shuttle time and he arranged for the bell hop to pick up our luggage from our room while we went for breakfast. Super efficient and much appreciated.

Room Amenities: The L’Occitane products were great and I probably didn’t need to pack my own stuff. Cesar also brought a step stool for my son to reach the bathroom sink and an extra water gun when his broke. The clothing steamer and Nespresso coffee were great to have in the room (the coffee at the restaurants and lobby bars were not great). They also have child size bathrobes and slippers.

The Nest and Es Niu: We mainly had breakfast at The Nest and lunch at Es Niu because the food was HOT. The food at La Hacienda and La Dalia buffets was always cold so we stuck to the made-to-order items there. Es Niu is super convenient since it opens early at 12pm and is right by the FS pool. The Nest has a small play area for the kids to play in so parents can enjoy their meals.
            FS Pool: There were always loungers at the FS pool, even during the busy time of Thursday to Saturday. We went to the Colonial pool one afternoon and couldn’t get chairs near the pool. The White Sands pool was quieter but there was no food by the pool. I had to pack up, dry off and walk to La Dalia when they open at 1pm to get lunch. The FS pool also had different activities for kids and pool floaties (and they brought out new ones throughout the week). Towels were plentiful at FS and already on the chairs, whereas at Colonial or White Sands I had to walk quite far around the pool and cross the bridge to get to the towel hut. And the bathrooms by the FS pool were always very clean.

Golf Carts: There are always lobby to lobby carts but we also asked the butlers to order a cart to pick us up from our villa or asked the bellhop to call us a cart. They showed up very quickly for us as they prioritize FS guests. We were also able to hop on the Travel Club carts.

Overall, we found the FS product and service excellent. They really go above and beyond to make FS guests, especially children, feel special.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Translate »