¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Kantenah Family Select – Beautiful Place

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

KFS – Beautifuk Place for a Family Vacation. Copied with permission from Allison B.

We are just leaving today and I have lots of feedback!

We happened to be here for a few nice days and a few days of storms.

We stayed beach front swim out! We were the first to ever stay in this beautiful room. The amenities are wonderful. The rooms are LARGE and bathrooms are smartly designed for families.

We felt rooms really lack plugs (bring a power strip, we are a family of 4 and had to use the bathroom to charge one of our phones at night). We also felt the rooms lacked storage. The closets are large and we brought extra hangers but there are no drawers in the rooms. I suggest packing small bins or storage cubes! Our girls LOVED the swim out and we all used it a few times! I don’t think it’s necessary but it was a very nice upgrade.

Butler service was LOVELY. While it’s not NECESSARY, they absolutely helped! They set up our meals, called us carts for when we were eating far away or it was raining. They also set up spa appointments, as well as ensuring our rooms were stocked with anything needed!

Restaurants were all good- hibachi was our favorite meal. We were underwhelmed by the nest ea h time we ate there. We also did go to the BRAVO show. We didn’t care for our food but we had SO MUCH FUN! Good music, fun entertainment- our teens girls danced all night!

The grounds are beautiful and large. We love to walk so we walked any time it wasn’t pouring rain! The pathways are awesome. The carts to get around were easy and also helpful.
        We preferred the Colonial pool. It is very deep. We brought floats and loved just floating and lounging. We played pool volleyball one day as well as watched the cocktail making class. All fun activities. We were underwhelmed by the pool bars. They had no drink menus or recommendations but they were kind and accommodating. It’s hot and they serve all drinks in small plastic cups so bringing a reusable may be helpful.

The beach was lovely some days- others due to storms not so much. We don’t care! We loved it. They do their best to get the seaweed out and it wasn’t too bad for us.

We did 2 excursions- 1 to the monkey sanctuary where we met monkeys, took a SUPER FUN ATV ride and went to a cavern Cenote. It was POURING RAIN and this was still our favorite day! We also did a tour of TULUM ruins, market place and more cenotes. The culture is amazing. We always felt safe, comfortable! I do suggest water shoes for these excursions. Our sneakers were ruined from mud.

This is my and my husbands 3 and 4th times in this area. The last overall resort I’d give 4 out of 5 stars.

It is a beautiful place for a family vacation. It’s quiet and sprawling and never felt crowded!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »