Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

A bit cloudy & breezy today. Tractor is out cleaning the beach although I haven’t seen any seaweed.

Yesterday was spent mainly at the pool and a wander around.  Things are fairly easy to get to here. There are some restaurants and bars at TRS but everything else is at the “Village”, except the Nest which is near building 12 (Family Select). Still some work going on, ie church, building 13, Ambassador suites in 2. It’s not really noisy work.

We had breakfast at Capricho. Julio was very prompt bringing us juice/mimosa/coffee but the cappuccinos took awhile and the omelette took a long while. They were hot. It would be nice if they had an egg grilling station here.

Lunch was at Helios.  They weren’t sure how to make Abby’s requested drink so they sent a manager out to clarify.  Food took awhile. Order appetizers if you’re really hungry. Food was good. There are BBQs at the TRS pool and the GP pool from about 1 pm – 4 pm.

Dinner was at Gaucho. Very popular place. We had a reservation. Garlic shrimp were super. Steak out of this world. Lamb not as good as at Boheme. Stick to steaks here. Service was excellent. (Sorry I forgot server’s name but he was very good.)

After dinner we wandered to the Village. Michael Jackson show was not on so we went to the sports bar. Very busy place. They really should move the live bands from here to a place that doesn’t have a sports theme and TVs on.  Left there for Gravity.  Abby met some new friends from Canada which is a good thing.

Other things

• There is music at the TRS pool all day. Sometimes it is a DJ, sometimes not. The Beach pool is quieter.
        • Robes in building 2 are long and comfy
        • Wi fi is excellent and can have more than one device
        • Weather has been cool. Bring a sweater
        • People dress up here more so than in RM. Casual elegance
        • Butlers work very hard but I still don’t know where we’re eating tonight. Capricho Christmas Eve dinner is fully booked. All a la cartes are open
        • I downloaded the Portal but it doesn’t have Christmas Eve
        • TRS lobby bar open 24/7. Very good coffee.
        • No smoking policy at the pool but people still smoke

Smile came through for Abby’s birthday, including a cake with “28th” birthday on it!

Abby was out most of the night with her new friends so the Loft is very appreciated for private space.  This morning I’ll wander to the Isla Blanca buffet for grilled eggs made to order.

Anne
        Keymaster

Breezy but sunny. No complaints.  Will find a spot on the each today.

Anne
          Keymaster

Anne
            Keymaster

These were added to TRS Coral pool area near the BBQ which cooks from noon – 4ish.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Translate »