¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Which TRS is best? Conversation

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Chris
        Anne Adams
        which TRS is the best?
        Anne Adams

Chris
        What are your priorities? They are different. Have you been to any of them yet?

Chris
        Anne Adams
        I was at TRS Yucatan this past New Years. In terms of overall dining experience, hotel amenities, the grounds and the rooms, I’m not sure it can be beat… can it ??

Anne Adams

The dining experience, rooms, amenities are similar at TRS Yucatan & TRS Coral. Grounds are very different . As you know TRS Yucatan is carved out of a jungle. The beach is long & varied. TRS Coral is contemporary and not jungly. Beach is long and white Sand

*TRS Turquesa in PC is part of a large resort similar to TRS Yucatan. The beach is gorgeous. While restaurants and amenities offered are similar to MX I believe that MX is a step up in the food & service categories.
        It may be an “island mentality” vs a Mexican time mentality. I found the staff in PC more laid back than the staff in MX who tend to bend over backwards but that is a generality. This is by no means a criticism. I just think there is an “island time” mentality vs a MX time.

*TRS Cap Cana is a small (115 rooms), intimate boutique hotel. It has a small beach overlooking a marina and is a 7 minute cart ride to a larger beautiful beach. As it is smaller dining options and entertainment are not as extensive as the larger properties.

Chris
        Anne Adams
        are the Dominican Republic resorts worth a visit?

Anne Adams

Chris
        See my note above.

Chris
        Anne Adams
        sorry I didn’t see the whole thing, very informative thank you very much

Anne Adams

I must admit I lean towards Mexico although we did enjoy our trip to PC. From the two TRS resorts in MX I lean toward Yucatan as that is where I have been going since it opened but I would return to Coral. As I travel either solo or with my daughter   I have not tried Cap Cana as I believe that is more of an intimate couples resort. If you would like to try something new I would try Coral or Turquesa.

Bill Cap Cana is more laid back and has a smaller cove type beach. Going back for my 3rd time in summer. Turquessa is on a large beach and has access to the huge Palladium resorts so lots of different activities. Both very nice resorts and both have great  swim out rooms.

Chris
        Anne Adams
        How’s the vibe at coral? Is it more party like because it’s in cancun or more or less the same like Yucatan?

Clare
        Chris
        I went to Cap Cana with my husband, our friend and my daughter. We loved it. It’s quiet. Outstanding service. If you want to relax and recharge your batteries  it’s the place for you. I’ve been to Turquesa and Yucatan. Yucatan is my followed by Cap Cana, then Turquesa.

Chris
        Clare
        all you have left is Coral to try and you’ve done them all!

Anne
        Chris
        I went to Coral 2x with my 20+ yr old daughter pre Covid. She said she liked it better than Yucatan for the vibe but then we went to Yucatan at Christmas and she said she thinks she likes Yucatan better for the variety. Either one but I prefer Yucatan.

Chris
        Anne Adams
        that’s what I figured – Does the coral have a club on site? I felt the night life was a bit relaxed at yucatan (I’m sure covid had something to do with it)

Anne Adams
        I was at Yucatan over Christmas & NY and it was more relaxed than usual. Coral has a “village” which is very nice and they have entertainment there at night but the village is shared with the family side. The village also has a great coffee shop.

Chris
        Anne Adams
        okay that’s what I figured, I got there dec 30 and don’t get me wrong where I’m from in Canada everything’s been closed since the 28 of September so even a relaxed night was better than nothing, but I’m sure it’s not fair to judge in these during covid conditions.

Clare
        Chris
        exactly lol! We’ve actually booked for a different resort in Playa Mujeres for October  . If it goes ahead will be interesting to compare. But after that will be Yucatan

Elisa
        Chris
        TRS coral has a similar vibe to TRS Yucatan or Turquesa. Coral is about 30 to 40 minutes north of Cancun.

Tobi
        Ahhh, we were there last year at this time. It was wonderful

Anne Adams

Tobi
        You were at TRS Cap Cana? I recall your beautiful photo.

Tobi
        Anne Adams
        yes, last year at this time… it was a wonderful time away.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »