¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports TR Part 3 – Food on Christmas trip

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Part 3 food

Gracias to these great staff for all of the wonderful food!

Food is subjective. As the resort is preparing food for various cultures and thousands of meals a day, nobody will like everything but there is certainly plenty to choose from for even the most discerning diner. Menus are now in Spanish, English, French, German & Russian.

We usually ate breakfast at El Jardin which we enjoyed as it wasn’t crowded. They have a buffet there, an egg grille, and a menu. We usually had freshly made omelets and a selection from the buffet.They also have fresh juices and Blood Mary fixings. You can eat inside or outside.

They have a nice selection of fresh juices and ingredients for Bloody Marys.

For lunch we tried El Gran Azul over the main pool on the first day as Abby wanted to eat outside. Personally I thought that they did not have the selections available previously but that really didn’t matter to me as after a search I discovered that they still offer freshly grilled items which is what I have for lunch every day. They didn’t have any signage indicating this thus the confusion. (They do have signage in other buffets.) Abby had a chicken burger (they have a selection of burgers) and I had grilled chicken with a selection of salads. El Gran Azul is fairly casual.

After that day we ate in either La Hacienda on Colonial or Kabah on Riviera. These are much larger and IMHO food quality has greatly improved. Atmosphere is very nice with linens and fresh flowers. (No wet bathing suits.) It seems that they improved quality over quantity which is fine with me. They had three kinds of paella, large paella type pans with shrimp and mussels as well as the standard pasta station, variety of pizza, salads, cold cuts, hamburgers,hot dogs fresh made bread & rolls There were two grilling stations offering a total of 6 items to choose to have grilled including chicken,steak, pork ,salmon and more.

One day Abby ate at Punta Emilia beach bar as she enjoys the Mexican food there. They also now offer fried fish fish and whole fried fish which flew off my plate in the wind (flying fish).

For dinner we mostly ate at El Jardin choosing lobster with steak or lamb chops.

Juan with deserts

We also went to La Adelita where the food was very good
        Margarita

and Punta Emilia. We both loved the garlic shrimp.I enjoyed the seafood platter (and they kindly substituted for a fish I can’t eat). Abby had the pepper veal steak (which is beef) and it was extremely tender.

On Christmas Eve we attended the Gala dinner which was wonderful.Nothing was spared. When entering we were given a Kir Royale (champagne with cherry liquor).

The ladies were given roses. Decorations were tastefully done including ice sculptures, Christmas trees, and a live Santa. Food included unlimited lobsters, shrimp, fish, roast beef (prime rib), beef filets,turkey, roast pork, chicken, many veggies, salads, fruits and deserts. Beautifully done.

We did not eat dinner in the buffet but we visited and I thought it looked to be a good variety and a high standard for a buffet. In addition they have the grilling stations for those who can’t find anything to their liking.

Overall I found the quality and variety of food very good to excellent. I rarely found something I didn’t like but considering the vast number of guests and the various cultures they are serving I wouldn’t expect to like everything. I honestly can’t understand people who complain that they can’t find anything to eat. I don’t understand what their expectations are.

Great ice cream resort – wide.

Royal guests get a variety of platters in their rooms daily.

You will not go hungry at this resort!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »