¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports 11th Visit to GPRM, 1st TRS Yucatan Visit – Luxury!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      joan
      Participant

I recall our first visit to the GPRM, 11 years ago; we stayed in Villa 61 in the Riviera.  At that time, our daughter was 10 years old.  We often coveted those bali beds on Kantenah beach.  Our daughter said:  “In eight years, we can lie there.”  Well, it a bit more than eight years, but we finally made it to those bali beds minus the daughter.

We had been in Mexico at a vacation rental for five weeks before taking the 10 minute cab ride to our home away from home.  So anxious were we to get to TRS, that we checked in around 9:30 a.m, in time to have our first breakfast.  As usual, check-in was very efficient.  We were told our villa location, and set out to explore.   In no time, the front desk staff came looking for us to tell us our room was ready!  That was service!  Where else would staff come looking for you?  NO WHERE.

We stayed in Villa 67, a jr. suite on the second floor with a view of the infinity pool and sea.  The landscaping is lovely, but will be gorgeous once it has matured.  We were greeted by our butler and taken to our room.  A beautifully decorated room.  The attention to detail is amazing.  Good size shower, separate water closet, plenty of drawer storage and hangers.  Mirrors everywhere – which is good and bad, but does make the room spacious.  Villa 67 was very convenient to the lobby, pools, restaurants and the beach.  We really enjoyed the location.

We spent some time at the infinity pool, but found it too active for our taste.  It does at times get a little boisterous as we witnessed.  I did participate in yoga a few mornings. The original Royal pool looks to be quiet from what we saw.  For the most part, we spent our days on our beloved Kantenah beach, reading and watching weddings.  (I do love watching those weddings)  We reacquainted ourselves with Irvin and Nancy whom we had met last year while she was training in the Colonial lobby.  The beach was much quieter than we have seen in other years, in fact the resort on the whole did not seem as busy.   The staff were working hard from early morning into the day to take away the sargassum.  It has been another one of those bad years, had not seen it this bad since 2015 I think.

We had most of our dinners at TRS, trying all the restaurants.  The food was very good, onion soup, garlic shrimps, lobster, pasta, beef, bouillabaise, the duck at La Boehome was the best meal I had.  We could not go wrong with whatever we ordered, including the occasional desserts.  We went to Chic Cabaret one evening, and it is not to be missed.  The pre-dinner entertainment and apps were great, the show was spectacular.  The energy and talent of the performers was first class.  I loved, loved the saxophone player.  The food was endless, the service was excellent.

As I missed my gazpacho, and Cliff missed his hot soups for lunch, we returned to the Colonial buffet for lunch generally. While I have never been a fan of the buffets at dinner, I like to be able to go around a choose from the great selection they have for salads at lunch. We did have lunch at Helios a couple of days, Cliff ordered the surf and turf burger – HUGE!

As always, the staff is what keeps us returning.  We are always impressed with the staff’s commitment to ensuring the guests have the best possible experience.  From Leydi and Mayra in the TRS lobby, our special Deymi in the Colonial buffet, Buenaventura and Guillermo, the staff bend over backwards.  We watched staff clean both sides of the glass around the infinity pool a couple of mornings, not a lot of room to maneuver on the sea side of the glass.  They ensured there was not one smudge or speck or mar the view.  One afternoon, while walking back from he gym, a security staff, ran over and asked if I needed a shuttle, I declined, but I was amazed that he would have done that (I obviously looked like I needed a ride).  The security staff stood out to me, first off, the number, and secondly, how helpful they were.  Haven’t noticed that previously.  We enjoyed the shuttle drivers, liked how you could walk out of your villa, and there was usually one waiting.  I did you the request a ride app, to varying degrees of success.

As much as I love staying in Kantenah, I may have been converted.  The experience of pampering and luxury has me completely besotted.   We will return to TRS, with daughter in tow next time…I promised.

Anne
        Keymaster

Excellent report!

I aree; security guards were very visible and helpful. I must have looked lost a couple of times when they approached me and offered to help.  Really, I was just exploring!

I am sure your daughter will love the pampering as mine did.

Anne
          Keymaster

A couple of things I forgot to mention in my recent trip report:

My husband has a severe mango allergy, I have never said “allergy to mango” more than I did the seven days we were at the Palladium. They take food allergies very seriously, which is reassuring.

Secondly, it was so nice to see Anne and meet her friends the Lokes, whom I have read about on this forum for as long as I been a member.

I think that’s it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Translate »