¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports A Perfect Getaway

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Copied with permission from Mylon

Our Romance Bungalow at the White Sands was a perfect accommodation to get away from the work and stresses of life. In no way were we ever bored at GP Riviera Maya! We canoed the lagoon, took photos with iguanas, coatis, butterflies, flamingo, turtles, and fish! Morning sunrises on the beach was heaven on earth!

Kantenah beach side is where we swam with minimal rocks and bright turquoise water. No seaweed January 2021. Paddle boards and kayaks were included so we took advantage on our last day when the water was calm. We saw many snorkeling and saw purple corals, but we opted for cenotes nearby for a safer adventure. Our concierge rep, Vanessa Mosqueda, recommended us to walk off the Colonial lobby and wait for a Colectivo (hwy van transportation costing 30 pesos per person). We rode only 5 minutes to Cenote Cristalino and Eden and had a blast!

Food, customer service, and romance ambiance made our trip feel so special!
        Every morning we had breakfast at La Dalia with Filomena. She remembered my coffee and mimosa order every morning and we chatted about our lives in Spanish and English! Her customer service alongside her brightness always was a happy start to our day. La Dalia has every breakfast you would like to try with a LARGE selection of exotic fruits. Me being from Southeast Asia, I was very impressed (Papaya, guava, soursop, starfruit…).

Xtra Time sports bar located in the Colonial lobby is a hidden gem and a worthwhile visit if you have extra time 😉 We had the entire place to ourselves and it was a blast playing pool and admiring the lightbulb ambiance. The burgers, chicken strips with honey, and traditional Mexican eats are cooked to perfection. If you are hungry after the beach or a run like us, this is the place to go! (opens at 4pm).
        Dinner reservations were made through the app and in-person near the concierge desk with Danilo and Paula! We went to many a la carte restaurants. Our favorites are all of them! Sumptuori, Ribs n’ More, La Lola, Bahia E Brasa, Portofino, and La Adelita. Wished we could have tried Chang Thai and Poseidon but it was my mistake for only booking 5 days!

We saw America and Noe at dinners three nights in a row at La Adelita, La Lola, and Bahia E Brasa, and they remembered us–America even told my man he looked handsome! I miss them and wish we had the opportunity to see them at all our dinners. Noe introduced us to the head chef at Bahia E Brasa who made me feel comfortable about menu considering my mild peanut allergy. Chantel is another hostess that works with another supervisor in blue. He brought us a ice cooler for our wine gift (given by the maid/drink filler in the room)– this consideration helped us keep the quality of this generous gift.
        Lorenzo and Jesus at La Adelita were absolute gentlemen servers at La Adelita. Their friendliness and humor made our first dinner special.

Jonathan, Javier, Jesus, and Enrique at Sumptuori, Bahia E Brasa, and Ribs n’ More consistently went back to our tables and asked us if we needed any more drinks/food. We got to take really sweet photos with them too! Always a pleasure to dine with them!

On our last day, Luis from the White Sands bar served us our final Mojitos de Pina and Xtabentun glasses. He is our go-to bartender and shared that Xtabentun is a local liquor named after the spotted wild chickens on the grounds. It is a special drink made with honey from the Xtaba flower! Not a drinker by all means, but here is the only place in the world to taste it!

In the pandemic, we were astonished that all staff wore face masks for our protection. Not only did staff wear their masks, they wore them correctly without cutting corners. We wore face masks and returned home healthy and safe!

Overall, you enjoy  a personal experience GP. They have sprawling grounds, bungalows like Bali, wildlife animals, beautiful beaches, and more! Thank you for taking care of us GPRM!

Boatchick
        Participant

Awesome Trip report from Mylon… Thank you for allowing it to be shared…

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Translate »