¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Amazing by Dawnadee

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

My family and I went to this incredible resort for a wedding. We went Oct. 17th to 24th and It is really difficult to imagine this place until you are IN it….the lush, beautiful grounds with iguanas, coaties, racoons,a monkey here and there and so many different types of birds all around you as you walk the beautiful grounds. There is a train that will take you to whichever hotel you want as there are different activities and restaurants at each hotel. Your room is in a villa so when you are ready to go ‘home’, you wait at the lobby and wait for a shuttle (looks like a big golf cart).There isn’t much of a wait as they run continuously so you can grab a drink at the bar and get it ‘to go’ and boom! there is your shuttle! Also, the shuttle will pick you up close to your villa to go back to any hotel the next day as they run all the time OR you can walk if you prefer. The staff, they are ALL incredible and so helpful if you have questions and also are always smiling when greeting you with a friendly “Ola”…they are constantly working to keep everything beautiful and if you need ANYTHING, you will get it! The rooms are incredible….I had a room to myself and had a KING bed and everything is there….huge makeup/ shaving mirror, blow dryer, tub with jets, shower, with shampoo (loved it) body wash (loved it ) balcony with table and 2 chairs, tv, clock, mini fridge, PLUS a hideabed, coffee table and 2 easy chairs, a fabulous safe and even an iron and ironing board! There IS laundry service for an extra charge but they did a wonderful job.I was on 2nd floor and loved the night sounds of all the animals as I sat on my balcony before going to sleep. Bed is comfy and the room is spotless….the maids are workers like I’ve never seen and ALWAYS smiling! I only found one negative about the room and that is the lighting so to put on makeup or read a book was very difficult.They have added Room Service from 11a.m. to 11p.m. which is a dream and the food is soooo good and such a bonus if you want to relax and have a snack or meal. The pools, beach, entertainment, food and the buffets are HUGE with soooo many choices, the night time shows, well, everything is really fantastic! We hopped a cab to 5th Ave. at Playa del Carmen which is funky with all kinds of shops, bars and food spots and it is really cool. Just check with your cabbie before you go as one of the staff told us it is a 10 min. drive and it was 35 min. and cost $30 US each way!! Was worth it as we had 3 of us to split the cost and we thoroughly enjoyed it! All in all, it was a wonderful vacation but alas, I have no photos to share. I left my camera on one of the benches at the hotel or the bench at one of the huts waiting for the shuttle and never did have it turned in to the front desk.I would DEFINITELY recommend the Grand Palladium and hope to go again! p.s. Tipping is up to the individual but I tipped all staff….just a $1 or 2 daily and left extra and a small gift for maids at the end of my stay. They are so grateful as they work so hard for so little…Adios Amigos!

Room Tip: I was on second floor villa 48 ….I think all villas have 3 floors and remember, there are NO elev…
        See more room tips
        Stayed October 2015, traveled with family

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »