¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Amazing trip to Kantenah Family Select

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Shared by Clare Sullivan

Having followed this page for a while and seeing all the reviews I thought it was only right to write ours….
        Arrived on 27th, booked 3 family select swim up rooms. We got 2 swim up rooms and a non swim up room across two blocks. The next day we got one room moved so the two swim up rooms are now next door and the third room decided to stay put and take the compensation offer.

Check in in our own private lobby was fantastic. We were greeted with welcome drinks, the kids had space to play (with Xbox and play areas for younger kids, plus a candy wall to fuel up after a long journey!) and overall it was very smooth.

The rooms are lovely, 2 large double beds and a single sofa bed, perfect for a family with two boys 9 and 11. The bathroom is a huge hit with our boys with a great shower and I’m
        Loving the L’Occitane products!

Our butler introduced himself on day one. Unfortunately we still haven’t received the bottle of tequila he offered us (but I’m not too bothered given we are all inclusive!) and we had to ask for the kids welcome packs which arrived yesterday.

The Nest restaurant is a real bonus, it has a very relax but more formal than a buffet vibe and breakfast and dinner has been a hit so far. There is a great play area for the kids to enjoy in between courses and to allow the adults to finish eating.

We are struggling with dinner reservations via our butler, despite asking for numerous days so we will need to speak to reception today to try and resolve this.

Food so far has been amazing. The open grill at the swimming pool yesterday has been my highlight! Freshly cooked meats, vegetables in abundance and the guacamole is epic! Kids love the chicken wings in the sports bar and last night they went to the black and white club for the first time which was a huge hit.

The colonial pool and beach area has a great vibe, lots of activities and the beach is perfect. You can ‘rent’ paddleboards, canoes and catermarans at no cost all you need is to show your ID.
        Evening entertainment is good, the shows are very professional, live music at the beach bar on colonial beach during the day is a nice touch and karaoke to a live band two nights ago was a welcomed change to the normal style karaoke!

The sports complex is an excellent space, kids have loved playing football and basketball and it’s a great way to make new friends!

Overall we are delighted with our stay so far…..the building work hasn’t impacted us at all, the grounds are huge with so many chill out/seating spaces we feel spoilt for choice.
        The restaurant booking system could be better, however, we have found that in many AI resorts we have been to. I’m confident reception will be able to help when I speak to them later.
        For a hotel that has just reopened, I think they are doing a great job and we will continue to make the most of the facilities and service offered by the friendly staff!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »