¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Amazing trip to TRS Coral

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

TRS Coral, December 2018

My adult daughter and I traveled to TRS Coral over Christmas. We traveled separately and found AGI Tours waiting for us outside of the airport. We were happy to see Julio was our driver in a shiny new vehicle. Julio / AGI has been a reliable and steady resource for 15 years.

The resort is stunning. My daughter commented that she felt it was reminiscent of Ibiza, Spain. It is very contemporary, light and airy; sparkling & immaculate. It will be even more gorgeous when the landscaping matures. Staff are extremely warm and always smiling. We were given champagne & a cool cloth then informed that we had been upgraded to a gorgeous Loft suite with ocean and pool views. All I can say is Wow.  The Loft was perfect for us as my daughter met many friends and stayed out later than I. I awoke early and was able to make coffee in the room and watch the sunrise from the beautiful balcony without disturbing her. There was a full private bath on the 2nd story and a half bath on the first story which was a plus. The room is “smart”, ie your bracelet holds your room key. Lights are on sensors. The smart TV has room service, a portal with lots of info. One can also download a portal to your phone to use in making reservations and more.

Food: Very good to excellent everywhere. We ate most of our meals at TRS. Breakfast was at Capricho where they have a la carte plus tasting stations.  Sometimes I wandered to the Isla buffet on the GP side where they have a custom omelette station. TRS can also order room service 24/7.

We often ate lunch at the pool BBQ which runs from noon to about 4 or 5. They offered burgers, chicken, lobster, fish, shrimp, octopus, steak and sides of guacamole, fries and more.  There are tables and chairs near the BBQ for those who want to order via a waiter. My daughter sometimes went to Helios for lunch or she walked to Poseidon on the GP beach. I was in full chill mode and just wanted to eat poolside in my bathing suit. One day it rained at lunch and my butler informed me that Capricho was opened where I had the best Coconut shrimp!

Dinner was either at La Boheme, El Gaucho, Tapas, Helios. On Christmas Eve we ate at the outstanding Gala buffet. All of the GP restaurants are clustered in a “village” area. One night we wandered to the Village for dinner at the Thai restaurant which was very good.

We also had dinner at Chic Cabaret which must be booked. The Chic venue in CM is smaller than that in RM but is worth a visit as the entertainers are extremely talented. Food consists of several courses throughout the show. A very entertaining evening.

There are shops, a church, teen club and a sports bar in the Village as well as a great coffee shop that serves coffees, tea, sandwiches, deserts.  It was a great place to sit and people watch or have a chat.

Pools: Lovely. The main TRS pool is large and usually has music which includes some live music. One day I heard a band playing Bohemian Rhapsody and wished I had been there for the entire performance. If you want a quieter pool the Beach pool is lovely and more laid back. The POP staff offer some yoga, stretching and one day I took part in a Pica De Gallo making class which was fun & informative.

Beach: The beach is beautiful, long with white sand, aqua water and the sound of waves.   I usually stayed on a Bali bed on the gorgeous beach where, I admit I spent as much time napping as reading. It’s wonderful to hear the waves while lying in an outdoor bed! There are umbrellas on the beach which staff will open for you. There is also drink service there. I did get some reading in and found some extra books on a cart near the towel hut.

Transportation: The resort is easily walkable. I did take a cart once or twice. Be careful if walking as the carts are quiet and the paths narrow. There are plans to install pedestrian paths once the resort is complete which should be soon. There are also boats which have several strategic stops where they leave off passengers and pick up. I hear they are also talking about a kind of “floating bridge” to go from the village to the GP buildings. That is being researched.

Spa: Stunning. It has a beautiful rooftop pool as well as sauna room, ice room, salt room and more. They prefer guests make an appointment in order to maximize the experience, although I stopped by without a reservations. Entrance fee is waived for TRS, FS guests as well as those who purchase a service. The gym is free and looked very clean,  well equipped and overlooks the ocean!

Entertainment:  There is a theater in the village which my daughter and I visited briefly. We went by the busy sports bar which has food & live music.  The Teen club is also near there. On TRS, they have added live music to the Gravity Sky bar and there is a piano player in the TRS lobby.  It might be nice to add something more adult related on TRS.

During the day there are activities such as volleyball on the GP beach, water sports and more.

Staff:  I have saved the best for last. Staff are amazing. They cannot do enough for the guests, always smiling and always answering “my pleasure”. I hesitate to name names as I know I’ll leave out some but a kudos to my three extraordinary butlers, Pillar, Alex & Christian. They went above & beyond. Salazar was a superstar waiter in Capricho. He had my cappuccino waiting. Bo Derek was the sweetest waitress in the TRS lobby and sometimes works in Gravity. The staff around the pool and at the beach were awesome but I didn’t spend enough time there to really develop a favorite other than the extremely hard working chef at the BBQ. This man is tireless and so patient. I always tried to tip him and others who do so much for us.

Misc.  I emailed ahead about my daughter’s birthday. Everywhere we went from check in & beyond she was wished a happy birthday. The butler told me they would do something when we went to dinner. They surprised both of us by having balloons, flowers, champagne and a cake with “happy 28th” when we came back from the beach!

Overall:  This was the best Mother/daughter trip we have had. That says a lot as we travel together every year. Between the stunning resort,the beach,  the staff, the beautiful Loft suite, and the fact that my daughter met other young adults it was a trip that neither of us wanted to come to an end.

If I have missed anything feel free to contact me.

loke
        Participant

Fantastic trip report, gracias!  Living vicariously here, 😎

Anne
          Keymaster

From Rosa Rivero:

Thank you for sharing your lovely comment about your mother daughter holidays in TRS Coral Hotel.

We were truly expecting your visit to celebrate the special 28th birthday of your daughter and pamper you with the luxurious new facilities and services in our adults only Hotel; we are very pleased to know, that your first impression was amazing.

For our staff it has been a pleasure serving you and we are very happy because you loved the design and comfort of the Loft Suites, the wonderful pool with a delicious BBQ for lunch, the dining experiences in our restaurants, bars and so much more that we have in the Village.

We will ensure that your praises get to your butlers and the servers Salazar and Bo Derek, we know they will be very proud to know that their performance has been appreciated

As you well mentioned, we continue learning from each experience and discussing plans to enhance our services and our new facilities, as we aim to be the best holiday option in Cancun.

We are very excited to know that this is one of your daughter’s favorite destinations in our chain now, and we look forward to giving you both a warm welcome back on your next stay.

Kind regards,

Rosa Rivero
            Hospitality Manager”

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Translate »