¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Amazing trip to TRS Yucatan as music enthusiasts

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Posted with permission from Bonnie Greenberg

My review

To provide some context, we have been fortunate enough to visit various luxury hotels and all-inclusive resorts, including Le Blanc, Excellence (ERC), Xupah Palace (which unfortunately closed after a hurricane), Grand Palladium White Sands, Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana Princess, Live Aqua (5 times), and TRS (8 times). We are hoping to return in May.
        Throughout our stay, we have experienced a consistently high standard of service from our butlers, in building 64, Erick, Luis and Alexis. We enjoyed some breakfast and elegant lunches at Capriccio, and lunches with amazing views outside at Helios. Dinners were a delight in the Italian (twice), French, Chic on the TRS side, and Bahia e Brasa, a Rodizio restaurant, and a Japanese restaurant on the Grand Palladium side. Even though I am not a meat eater, I loved the salad bar at Bahia e Brasa and we enjoyed sitting at the sushi bar where the chef made my husband sashimi since he can’t eat rice and my son and I wonderful sushi. My husband and son enjoyed a meal at the Mexican restaurant (I didn’t feel well that night), and they claimed it was the best meal they had. Afterwards, they were treated to an amazing Latin band at the Full Moon Bar outside of Chic.
        We also visited the Sports Bar and watched a soccer that Mexico was playing in. It was a lively atmosphere with people singing, dancing, cheering, playing pool, and enjoying snacks and drinks. The self-serve coffee machines that make lattes, cappuccinos, etc., and the ample popcorn were a nice touch. Another day at the infinity pool, someone walked around with delicious mango and lemon ices.
        We had a great time swimming at the beach in the calm, warm waters. As music enthusiasts, we were entertained on both the TRS and Grand Palladium sides. While many guests may praise the white party and the 20s-themed events, we were even more impressed by the solo musicians, duets, and bands. Unfortunately, many of them play with soundtracks, but we were pleasantly surprised by a Latin band where the keyboardist played all the sounds for instruments that were not physically there. We went to a performance at Chic and many of the pre performances outside the Full moon bar as well.
        The only disappointing aspect of the trip was that my favorite band, Con Clase, whom I had planned on seeing at the Sunday Paella Beach party and Thursday night, wasn’t there this trip. I hope they return, and we can catch their performance during our next trip in May.
        Note to Bonnie: Conclass will return December 7.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »