¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Best Trip Ever – Grand Palladium Palace – PC

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Travel Report: Grand Palladium Palace February 2023

My wife and I visited Grand Palladium Palace in Punta Cana from February 4 to February 18. We arrived and were quickly whisked on our way to the resort. We were greeted warmly and checked in. Checkin was leisurely. As Wanda checked us in, we chatted and caught up with each other. I think it is very important to start off by saying what an amazing job Wanda and her team do. Despite working short-handed, the PTC staff did an amazing job. This team provided personalized attention for members and were professional and enthusiastic.

Our room (8106) was a junior suite panoramic ocean view room. The room was clean and very comfortable with a king bed. The location of the room was perfect, close to TRS (where we have access through our membership) and a 10 minute walk to the Members’ Beach Lounge. I have to mention that we had an amazing housekeeper, Martina. As we got to know Martina, she would greet us every morning with a hug and a warm smile. She was so attentive, she even cleaned my sneakers when they got muddy. Martina may not be a PTC employee, but she certainly embodies the PTC attitude of FROM GUEST TO FAMILY.

Most days, we ate only breakfast and dinner…eating breakfast in Capricho. Every morning we were seated at one of Ramonita’s tables. We have known Ramonita since 2014, and every day Ramonita greeted us with great enthusiasm and affection. Ramonita is an extremely hard worker and is on top of everything. Ramonita kept the coffee flowing and the mimosas coming. Without a doubt, she set the tone for us every day. And if that was not enough, Juan Eduardo checked on us daily to see if we needed anything.

PTC members get to enjoy the beautiful Members’ Lounge on Bavaro beach. I remember when it opened and it was perfect. If there is one critique I have, it is time to expand the size of the members beach. PTC has outgrown it. Hopefully, with the projects planned for 2024, the beach area can be at least doubled if not tripled to meet the needs of PTC for years to come. Our family at the PTC lounge took amazing care of us. Again, we were warmly and affectionately greeted every day. Kimbel, Rosa, Katherine, and Diridania took amazing care of us every day.
        We went on a few excursions during our stay. The first excursion we booked through Dan Palka and VIP Punta Cana. It was the Salto El Limon & whale watching excursion. The excursion was excellent. We saw several whales surfacing, rolling and breaching. Then we saw the beautiful El Limon waterfall. The second tour was our free excursion from the Travel Club. We went on the FUN PARK tour which included zip lines, a cenote, lunch, horseback riding, and boogies. It was certainly a solid tour. We also visited the spa for massages twice, once for the free 50 minute massage from the Travel Club and a paid 80 minute couples massage. Zentropia Spa was fantastic. Additionally, we did parasailing through the on site dive center.

Our dinners were mostly spent in TRS restaurants, although we had delicious steaks in El Dorado as well as lobster in Bhogali. We ate three times in Kusko, three times in Capricho (with Benito, a true gentleman), three times in La Boheme (with Ramonita), and Chic Cabaret for Valentines Day. We also attended the Super Bowl party in Chic which was amazing. All these restaurants provided excellent food and attentive service.

We have been blessed to have many special vacations. This vacation was doubtless one of the best we have ever experienced. Special thanks should go to Antonio Parrado and Wanda Torres for such lovely hospitality and their entire teams.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »