¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Blown away at TRS Coral

Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Posted with permission from Greg L.

Here is my little review for anyone interested, I just returned from 8 days at TRS Coral on Tues Dec 11th. Like everyone else I had concerns with all the mixed reviews and reported issues.

Rooms and Property- Beautiful, functional and extremely comfortable. Couldn’t have asked for more. As expected, the landscaping was nice but new and will be incredible in time.

Construction- I was not distracted by construction noises, there was a little in the background but didn’t bother me at all. As far as I could tell the TRS felt 99% finished and in no way did it feel like a construction zone. Most of the work at TRS was light landscaping and finishing the Sky bar (which completed last Friday) and ocean facing suites. However, I as walked around the resort I did see more work being done in the GP section especially on rooms and in the Village, in GP you might have a different experience than I did.

Music- The Music at the TRS pool was tame and not loud at all, for most of the day it was light and just above background level; it was easy to converse at the pool. In the mid afternoon with either the DJ or the Sax player it became a little louder but not inappropriate and never heard any obnoxious “Ghostbuster” music, more of a Euro-techno easy listening pop. On Sat night the Sky bar music was pretty loud around the resort but made me feel like the resort had some life, with my doors shut I couldn’t hear it in the room (maybe just a little bass).

Butlers- best I’ve ever had, any little issue (like robes not being in the room) was rectified immediately. Saying they were attentive and responsive is a huge understatement. They earned a bigger tip than I ever tipped a butler previously.

Restaurants- Butlers got us reservations for every restaurant we asked, we gave them the list of places we wanted eat for the week and that we were completely flexible on times and days; they came back with a list of what they arranged for the week, they gave us times that ranged from 7-830… perfect no problems. Two nights we didn’t make reservations and we were walk-ins. Every dinner we showed up, were sat immediately (even the walk-ins) without having to wait even 1 min. The food came fast and hot every time, we even joked how dinners went too quick. Quality of food was just as good as Yucatan. The same thing for ala carte breakfast and lunch, sat immediately, food came fast and was hot. We did try the breakfast buffet at GP, there the pancakes and waffles were a little cool. Sports bar was great for a sandwich, nachos or a quick snack. Like everyone else we loved the coffee shop, wished it opened earlier than 10am

Pool- A little cool but very nice layout, in/out-pool bar, plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas. Never had trouble finding a place in the sun or the shade if I preferred. Towels or drink service was never an issue. PTC pool was my favorite, complete black marble (even the bottom) with mature landscaping. Very exotic relaxing feel to the pool area and was set up with little sections around the pool that made it feel like your own private little area pool side while catching some sun. The PTC lounge chairs were twice as thick and twice as comfortable that the TRS pool ones.

Beach- Plenty of chairs and plenty of umbrellas. Nice white sand and only a very short walk from the pool. Virtually no sargassum seaweed. Drink service was great, never went thirsty. Water was warmer than the pools and the surf was a little high with the wind, but I liked it that way. The occasional Municipal police walking by in tactical gear carrying assault rifles was a little strange but kind of reassuring. Almost completely absent of vendors trying to sell their wares or services.

Customer Service- It’s Mexico… the best of the best.

Criticisms-
        No Jacuzzis in and near the pools, I was disappointed.
        No ordering food offered at any time from the pool area, bars, beach or PTC club.
        Coffee shop hours… it’s coffee… should open at 6am at the latest.

My rating… blown away, can’t wait to go back again!

118Brian Guilbault, Stacey Dawn Wyber and 116 others

50 Com

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »