¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Captain Rick's – Puerto Aventuras

• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anne.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      aristocat2
      Participant

We have booked a half day fishing with them.  Does anyone know if you can take a collective from the resort to Puerto Aventuras and if so, how far from the road to the marina would you have to walk?  Or, does anyone have the taxi rate for four people from the resort to the marina?  Anne, I thought you posted a picture of the current taxi rates, but I couldn’t find it.  Also, I have read different things about tipping. Do you tip the captain of the boat and he gives to the mate(s) or do you just tip the mate(s).  Also, I read the standard tip is 15-20% is that total or for each if you do tip both the captain and the mate.  Thank you for any info!

Anne
        Keymaster

Taxi rates have changed and are now kept “behind the counter” on a sheet. If you want to save a few dollars cross the highway nd negotiate but not sure if it’s worth it as PA is close. It’s just not on the highway so a taxi is best.

aristocat2
          Participant

Thanks Anne!

loke
            Participant

Our son & his wedding party went on a fishing trip with Captain Rick & they were picked up at the resort but things may have changed as that was 6 years ago. They were very happy with their experience. They caught some fish but left them with the crew.

aristocat2
              Participant

Yes, they will pick you up and bring you back but they charge $12 per person each way.  I’m sure a taxi will be a lot less.

aristocat2
                Participant

I’m still not sure if the walk in from 307 is short enough to take a collectivo so to be safe we will take a taxi.  One more question though and maybe you know Anne.  Can we bring back something we catch to the resort and give it to a chef to prepare for dinner?  Captain Rick’s will clean and filet it.

Anne
                  Keymaster

As I recall the walk is not really “short”.

I have mixed info on cooking a fish that was caught. When I asks Guest Services I was told that they could not do it for safety reasons. I did read a trip report somewhere from someone who said he had the chef cook his fish. I would lean on the no side but you can email Guest Services and ask.  Let us know.  acliente.riviera@palladiumhotelgroup.com

aristocat2
                    Participant

Very quick response and I understand.

“Regarding your question, unfortunately because of the health and safety rules it is not permit to cook fish catches of excursion.”

Blueskies
                      Participant

Ask your captain, he may be able to recommend a local establishment that will prepare your catch. I know some places in Akumal do this; La Cueva del Pescador is one of them. Im sure there will be somewhere that will accommodate . You could probable email Capt. Rick’s ahead of time and inquire.

Anne
                        Keymaster

Brenda is correct. La Cuevo de La Pescador in Akumal will do this. It is free if you use their boat but probably a small fee if you don’t.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Translate »