Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      I Love Mexico
      Participant

Hi,

We are newbies to this resort. We are coming at Christmas with 2 adults, 2 kids.

Which section is best for us?

Are there any special activities at Christmas?

Is there an program to manage peanut allergies?

What’s the weather like at this time of year?

Thank you. I’ll probably have more questions.

• This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Anne.
        Anne
        Keymaster

Welcome!

You will love this resort. It is especially beautiful at Christmas.

Christmas tree by Holger in Germany

Here is the map. There are 4 family sections. Kantenah Family Select is opening in December. It is a VIP area for families. It is in the yellow section. Yellow buildings 41-47 will not be FS. hey will be part of the Grand Palladium which give you access to everything except Family Select & the adult only TRS.

Map 2023

The Colonial (blue) & White Sand (pink) are also family resorts. Most activities take place at Colonial where the kids club & water park are located. Colonial has garden rooms and Jr suites (8,9,20,21) which would give you extra space & a sleep sofa. WS has all Jr suites & suites (2 rooms)

There is a fabulous Gala dinner on Christmas Eve, Sample: Christmas Eve   

Santa arrives on Christmas Day. It’s always a surprise as to how he’ll come, ie parachute, helicopter, boat, sleigh, horse.  He brings gifts for all the kids.

Be sure and download the App to see all activities & menus. Go to “Start my Stay” and the Grand Palladium Riviera Maya. APP

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Anne.
          Anne
          Keymaster

Regarding the  weather, we had a couple mornings that were quite cool but most of the days were sunny & warm. Some brief rain at night.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Anne.
            Anne
            Keymaster

There is a food allergy program. When you check in tell them about the allergy and they will give you a card to show your servers & the chef. With a peanut allergy I’d ask to speak to the chef as sometimes they cook in peanut oil.

The dress code is casual, ie no wet bathing suits, cover ups & footwear.  The only place that requires long trousers for men with closed toe shoes is Chic Cabaret. (adults only)

I Love Mexico
              Participant

Thank you. I heard today that the waterpark is closed. Does anyone know when this will be open? Do they have other areas for young kids?

Anne
                Keymaster

The water park should open in the first or second week of December. I have passed concerns on to management about younger kids.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Anne.
                  Anne
                  Keymaster

They are providing age appropriate inflatables in the main pool area while the water park is closed

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Translate »