¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Comments regarding a la cartes

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Kern.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

From our FB page

Buzz Rice: My favorites to go to are. sumpatori, El Dorado, La adelita, portofino, and the beach bbq was awesome. Out of the 5 times we have gone these have been our favorites.

Unlike · Reply · 1 · 6 hrs
        Stacey Dawn Wyber
        Stacey Dawn Wyber We tried la Lola and the new Brazilian.
        Brazilian was very good, la Lola ok. Will try again next month. I think they were still pretty new with it.
        Our favorite is Italian. And the buffet, it is so much better than before.

Unlike · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs · Edited
        Jay Blackwell
        Jay Blackwell I did not like La lola. Nothing like actual tapas I don’t think. Loved el dorado tho 

Like · Reply · 5 hrs
        Cape Cod Anne
        Cape Cod Anne We did not try Lola. Too many other good choices. Always enjoy Punta Emilia,La Adelita. Sumptuori show table
        El Dorado is always busy but you can get a good steak at Punta Emilia, Portofino & Mare Nostrum.Would have liked to try Brazilian but it was being renovated

Like · Reply · 4 hrs · Edited
        Yvonne Bartha
        Yvonne Bartha My favorite is Sumpatori. Love the cooking at the table and the food was great. But for desserts, my favorite is Portofino and their baked alaska. Not sure if they are still serving baked alaska though. It was an added dessert, not on the menu.

Like · Reply · 4 hrs
        Cape Cod Anne
        Cape Cod Anne Yes baked Alaska is still there but not on menu

Like · Reply · 4 hrs · Edited
        Stacey Dawn Wyber
        Stacey Dawn Wyber You bet, we had the baked Alaska last month. Yum!

Like · Reply · 4 hrs
        Brenda Wegert
        Brenda Wegert So much has recently changed, I look forward to trying La Lola and the new buffets. El Dorado used to be one of our favorite places to dine. Sumptouri for the sushi is also a good one. Food choices are such an individual choice and the Palladium offers so many, there will be something, somewhere that will suit most anyone.

Like · Reply · 4 hrs
        Kerianne McCarthy
        Kerianne McCarthy Our favourite by far was the Mexican for food and service, we really didn’t like la Lola. The brazillian was nice however the staff were not very attentive and some were rude which stopped us returning during our stay

Like · Reply · 3 hrs
        Cape Cod Anne replied · 1 Reply
        Peggy Sidle
        Peggy Sidle I loved La Lola! La Adelita is always a favorite.

Like · Reply · 50 mins
        Cape Cod Anne

Write a comment…

Kern
        Participant

Anne, thanks for the Facebook info!  Very helpful!  So many wonderful choices.  I enjoy Portofino (love the atmosphere there – very lively), La Adelita, and used to love Mare Nostrum, but was disappointed the last couple of times we dined there.

I enjoy hearing about everyone’s favorite restaurants/entrees.  Thanks!

Anne
          Keymaster

We always enjoy La Adelita. I was disappointed with the beef broth soup but otherwise very good.

Anne
            Keymaster

Kern, I know you are leaving soon and curious about La Lola. We didn’t try it as we didn’t find  the menu to be very exciting. I have to admit I have read more so so reviews than good on this.  Maybe they have improved it. Just thought I’d give an update. Have a wonderful trip!

Kern
              Participant

Hola!  Yes, like you, I haven’t read glowing reviews about La Lola, so we’ll see if we end up trying it or not.  We have only been to El Jardin for dinner on Friday evening, so perhaps we should consider dining there more often.  We usually have breakfast there 3 or4 times during our stay and go to the buffet on the other days.

I want to make good choices for a la cartes.  We always find something we like well enough, and I enjoy the lively atmosphere in the a la cartes.

Let the packing begin!

Thanks, Anne!

Anne
                Keymaster

El Jardin has lobster cappellini on Fridays. Never had a bad meal there. I think I mentioned that Abby likes the lunch offerings at Punta Emilia beach bar. I preferred lunch at Kabah (WS/Riviera buffet). They now have two grills and offer chicken, 2 or 3 kinds of fish, beef, etc for grilling.

I don’t really have a favorite a la cart.I always enjoy El Jardin and always enjoy Punta Emilia for the atmosphere. Although it is mostly seafood Abby had a good steak there.

Looking forward to your impression of all the improvements.

Kern
                  Participant

Started packing and clothes are all over the spare bedroom ready to go into the suitcase!  Yes, looking forward to seeing all of the improvements.  Every time we return we find more and more wonderful things have been added.

We usually go to La Adelita on our first night to celebrate being in Mexico!  Hope to find that Mariachi band in the Riviera lobby on Saturday night and need to check on the time.  Thinking that perhaps we should have dinner someplace on that end of the resort so we don’t have far to travel after dinner.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Translate »