¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Congratulations Beth & Tommy

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Beth Yager & Tommy DeHart

Review from our wedding trip May 27 – June 5. A bit lengthy but I could write so much more! Lol
        I know this isn’t the Palladium Wedding Group, which I also plan to post in, so I’ll keep the wedding stuff to a minimum. Tommy DeHart and I arrived on May 27th for our May 31st wedding. Prior to arriving, we had set up a family dinner for 17 people on Friday the 28th for my niece’s birthday who was turning 8. Betty from guest services arranged a pre-fix menu at Portofino and it couldn’t have gone better. Let me just tell you she was my savior the entire trip. I had her on WhatsApp and I know I bothered her more times than she would have preferred but I don’t know how I would have gone thru the week without her. Not that Nidia, my wedding coordinator was a bump on a log. She was fabulous and did everything I requested and even exceeded my expectations on our special day. She also put me in touch with Betty again, prior to arriving, so we could arrange the Chef’s Table dinner for 20 of us, on Tuesday, the day after the wedding. Let me just tell you, if you have never done it, DO IT!! So worth the extra $100pp. They told us we were the first to do this for 20 people and let me tell you it went so smoothly you would have thought they always do this table for that many people. They made sure folks with allergies were accommodated for as always. And our whole group ended up getting perks at the other restaurants because they recognized us from the Chef’s table. Although we did tip generously! Did I mention Betty??? Not only did she set up the family dinner, the Chef’s Table dinner… BUT she also got 40 of us into CHIC for opening night!!! Our group had the best time and said it was one of the best shows they have ever been to. That’s saying something coming from some of our friends who travel extensively. We basically had the whole lower right side of the theatre reserved for all of us. There were some hiccups, which we expected for opening night, but were quickly resolved and it didn’t affect our time at the show. Even paid to have my brother and sister in law come over from White Sand and they had no issues and were able to enjoy the pre and post shows as well.

Anything I needed Nidia, Betty and Roxanna (also from guest services) were on top of it. We couldn’t have been more appreciative for everything they did, not just for myself and Tommy, but for almost all our guests (I say almost all because we had some at White Sand).

We had booked the Ambassador Suite and were in building 63 and I do have to say we had the VERY BEST butlers, EVER! In all our trips (which is about a decade’s worth), these folks were truly amazing. We had Serene, Jessica and last but not least Rafael. They greeted us every morning and every evening. We didn’t need much but when we asked they were on their game! We even had a little rooftop party and they stocked the upstairs fridge full of beer! I couldn’t have asked for better butlers and I know at least Rafael is on this page because he sais he saw our wedding photos that Tommy posted. If any of our butlers can see this, please say Hola!! You are all so lovely and accommodating.

I can’t not mention Sarahí Gutierrez from the full moon bar! She remembered us from our October 2020 visit and was so kind and attentive to our entire group, who sometimes can be a bit rowdy. She made sure we were well “hydrated” and wanted for nothing. We even saw her on our big day and she was so happy for us! Also worthy of mentioning is Lucy, from the Infinity Pool. We remember her from when El Gaucho used to be the TRS Lobby and she and Philiberto worked in the lobby bar in the evenings. We would always go see them after dinner for a relaxing cocktail. She looks like she hasn’t aged a day and took great care of us while we were in the pool.

Also of mentioning was we got to meet the famous Pat Lippy and his lovely wife. We enjoy your daily reports and it was so nice that you let Tommy and I disrupt your dinner at your happy place so we could introduce ourselves.

So to say the least our 10days there for our wedding exceeded our expectations and beyond. Our guests have already said they would go back to this resort in a heartbeat. Which is what we loved to hear because we love this resort so much. The resort is beautiful and the food is great… but the staff… that’s why we continue to come back time and time again. They become family!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »