¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Do not feed the monkey

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

There is a monkey at the Riviera Maya resort who approaches humans. He is not a pet. He is a wild animal. Please do not feed him. If he becomes aggressive he will be removed. Look from afar.

Anne
        Keymaster

Another monkey ( at least we think it was another monkey) was seen at the Travel Club beach today in Riviera Maya. Please do not feed. Pic by Pat Lippy

monkey

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Anne.
          Anne
          Keymaster

I am no longer allowing pics of guests attempting to feed/interact with the monkeys. This is encouraging aggressive behavior and endangers the monkeys’ lives. I have heard that the resort has applied for a permit to allow them to remove the monkeys to a sanctuary.

Evangaline
            Participant

If possible, it would be nicer to move the monkeys to a wilderness area if there is any wilderness left in the Riviera Maya. It is too bad, but I understand why the resort is doing this. I was walking along the canopied walkways a couple of weeks ago and saw a spider monkey swinging from the top of the canopy. It then jumped on a guest, then chased the guest. Animals will only get aggressive like that if people feed them.

Anne
              Keymaster

Monkeys are protected by law so the resort must follow the legal procedure and obtain a permit to move it to a sanctuary.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Translate »