Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Another fabulous trip to TRS Yucatan 

My daughter and I traveled to TRS for Christmas & her birthday and had a fabulous time.  The resort is stunning, immaculate and the staff amazing. Attention to detail is everywhere.

Arrival

We flew into 2 separate terminals. Terminals were not crowded and we breezed through Immigration. I hadn’t been aware that we would be arriving at different terminals. Fortunately, our transfer driver through AGI was on top of things and coordinated our meeting.  We arrived at the resort in exactly an hour.

Check in

Check in was rapid and very cordial. We were given champagne and a cool cloth. Management came out to welcome us back and assured us that our needs would be met. We were happy to see some familiar faces, Alberto, Israel and many others throughout the week. Staff always makes us feel like we are coming home.

Rooms

We were given a stunning ocean view suite and a Jr suite in 66. Rooms are disinfected and sealed until the guest(s) arrive. They are beautiful, well appointed  and sparkling clean.

Butlers

I was thrilled to see that Jessica was one of our butlers. We also had Memo and Adrian. The butlers are very helpful and efficient. They use What’s App to keep in touch and provide you with all restaurant schedules, daily activities, weather, and anything else you need to know. We texted them when we were at the TRS beach and they called us a cart. They made our restaurant reservations for us, decorated my daughter’s room for her birthday, provided the alcohol/wine desired, and are a wealth of info.  One day I ran out of paperbacks and Jessica not only told me where to find some, but she took  it upon herself to retrieve some for me and delivered them to me at the pool! The butlers definitely go beyond the call of duty. I found the same last year when we had Mary Anne who saw us & warmly welcomed us back..

Food

We ate all of our meals on the TRS side and found the food to be fresh, well prepared, and of good quality. Presentation was always lovely. The menus have changed since last year when they were adapted due to Covid and lower occupancy.They have improved and provide a great variety. Menus are digital so download the App. We loved Helios for outdoor dining for breakfast & lunch. Lobster is provided at Helios as part of the TRS experience so we ate dinner there several times. If Allaine, Manuel or Wendy were there our coffee & juices were on the table as we sat down. Staff surprised us on my daughter’s birthday with a piece of cake with sparklers and sang happy birthday. Everyone in the restaurant applauded. As we were there over Christmas Eve & Christmas efforts were made to make the meals and offerings exceptional with more seafood, rack of lamb, and in the Gala buffet there was just about anything one would want. We opted for an ala carte. Service in all restaurants was outstanding.

Another lunch option is the BBQ at the Infiniti pool. Menu changes daily. It serves from about 1 pm to 5 pm daily.

There was a special Chic show on Christmas Eve which I heard was amazing. As we have seen Chic several times we did not attend but I highly recommend attending this fabulous dinner theater at least once. There are pre & post shows on the terrace on nights when the Chic is performing.

Alcohol

We did not order alcohol for our rooms but TRS guests can do this through the ebutler or through your butler when you arrive. I did order some house wine which the butlers provided without my asking. There is a selection of house wines. I found the chardonnay to be good. Others have told me the rose and the red are good.  There is also a wine list for a cost which you can see on the App. under premium services.

Beach & pool

The Infinity pool is lovely and there is always some music. Most days there is live music around 4 pm as well as an event such as cooking class, cocktail class and more. There is also water robics or water biking most days. I could almost always find a Bali bed or lounger early in the day. Some people leave and don’t remove their towels but the concierge was there most days clearing unused loungers.

A week before going I heard that Bali beds at the TRS beach were hard to come by. We never found this to be a problem. Most days we would walk to the beach after breakfast and have our choice. A couple of beds are reserved for Travel Club but most were available. Many mornings I saw a concierge putting down clean mattress covers, fresh pillows. You can get fresh TRS towels at the La Jarra bar there.  We loved our mornings on the TRS beach. One day we saw a beautiful wedding as a bonus. Around 2 we would hesitantly head to Helios for lunch either by foot or by texting the butler for a cart and then head to the salt water pool which is beautiful and peaceful or the Infiniti pool for the 4 pm event.

Entertainment

There is entertainment all over the resort. There is live music with various parties at lunch on the Colonial beach many days, shows and bands. We opted to stay at TRS and just relax. On nights that Chic was performing we watched the pre shows. Sometimes there was a piano player. You can be as busy or as lazy as you wish.

I became so relaxed that I forgot which day it was. Luckily for me that Memo reminded me it was almost my last day and I had a Covid test scheduled!  He told me not to worry if I was late for my appointment; that I could walk in. He called  me a cart to White Sand where I got the test. (Bring passport & payment.) The test came back rapidly but they had my wrong DOB (probably my error when signing up). Jennifer from Guest Services quickly helped me to resolve this. The staff are just outstanding. Did I mention this?

Carts

It was explained that some carts are for getting all guests around, some are for Travel Club, some are for TRS and some are for people who are checking in/out. I must say that I found all cart drivers very helpful and welcoming. Just keep in mind that if they are designated to checking people in/out they may not stop for you. One of  the trains is running but I never made it to the GP side to have a ride. That goes at night from lobby to lobby and is great fun.

Airport

What a zoo. When your driver suggests you get there 3 hours early he is correct! Coming in was a breeze. Leaving was not.You will need a negative Covid test, health form (in my case Jet Blue emailed one to me) the bottom of you FMM form given to you when you arrived and your passport.  They did not ask us for any additional taxes which some people mention. Just try to have your documents in order.  As some airlines are short staffed there are flight delays and cancellations so you may use the time to write a trip report!

Staff

The staff makes this resort as outstanding as it is.  Anyone whom I  met in previous visits welcomed us home including Mayra at the TRS lobby, Full Moon bar, Lucy at the Infniti pool.  I know there are many new staff and the TRS / Palladium provides a culture of “family”.  A new employee also mentioned this to me as well. He left a neighboring resort to go to TRS for the friendly culture and supportive management.

I really don’t like to mention names as I know I’ll forget some but the wonderful staff deserve recognition. Be kind, Tip. Show an interest. Many of the staff had to work over Christmas and were missing their families. Thanks to all staff & management who contributed to make out visit enjoyable & memorable.

Experience this piece of Paradise!

Happy New Year.

Anne
        Keymaster

view from Bali bed

rain rain go away

Surf & turf

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Translate »