¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Fabulous trip report

Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Lisa N has given me permission to copy her report on TRS Yucatan

I wanted to leave our review which specifically compare TRS from 2019 pre pandemic to late 2022.
        We had a WONDERFUL time

! I would recommend this resort, and go again. I read a couple of negative comments and was a little nervous it wouldn’t be as good as I remembered…but I think it was even better this past trip in most aspects.
        One change was we had to pay $35 USD per person for the Chic show, in 2019 it was included for TRS guests, but you know what… it was worth it. The staff is interactive, it’s lively and a fun night.
        When we arrived we were greeted with a welcome drink, check in was fast, smooth and friendly. We got the room we requested and it was ready at check in time.
        Our room was clean, in a great location and the air conditioning worked well. Our butlers were attentive, and this trip gave us their “whatsApp” text information and sent us a text daily with information. We had a nice filled minibar. We had a couple of extra requests like an extra blanket and they were quick to get that to us.
        The waits may have been a little longer at restaurants BUT I saw those hardworking waiters and waitresses moving quickly and I reminded myself I am on vacation.. I am not in a rush, and I just relaxed and enjoyed myself.
        My tips for the perfect TRS vacation:
        1.Water shoes (it’s slippery and sometimes hot around the pools)
        2. Tumblers (for water and ice or to keep.your drinks cold)
        3. 1 dress up outfit for ladies and 1 pair of light khakis or linen pants for gentlemen and closed toe shoes for gents.. they are required at Chic.
        4. Small bills for tipping. The staff works so hard, and are paid little. They never requested or hinted at tips, but they appreciated those who did. We tipped the golf cart drivers, the people at the towel areas, housekeepers, bartenders, waiters and the bell captain.
        5. If you have any sensitivities to noise or smells.. I suggest pack ear plugs and a cheap plug in air freshner for the room. We did NOT have any issues with noise or smells , but after a storm the tropics can smell musty and some other guests can be loud, and I have read people sometimes complain about that.
        6. Any over the counter medications you MIGHT need, bring them, it’s expensive to purchase them at the resort. I carry on a small ziploc with medication “just in case” like ibuprofen and immodium, benadryl, bandaid, neosporin, We didn’t need it either trip, but it’s good to have. We also pack 2 pairs of sunglasses and 2 sandals/flip flops in case one breaks, again expensive to buy on the resort.
        7. ASK your butler or a manger if there is something you need, or want, or you have any issues. Don’t wait until you get home or when You are leaving to complain…its too late for them to fix it at that point. We found all the staff very gracious and they do their best to help guests, and they do it with a smile.
        8. Make your dinner reservations the fay you arrive with your butler so you can get the restaurants you want to visit.
        9. If your budget allows, book a spa treatment like a couples massage.. and a tip everyone will share.. don’t purchase it at the spa.. they sell pspa services cheaper near the pool or beach. Workers in blue shirts offer spa services at a significant discount.. they walk around the pool area or ask the bartender, he will flag them down.
        Have a safe, and great trip everyone!

All reactions:

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »