¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Fabulous trip to TRS Yucatan

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

My daughter & I spent Christmas & NY at the TRS Yucatan. This was the first time she brought her partner & he was extremely impressed.  TRS is the upscale adult only area and it just celebrated its 5 year anniversary. Prior to its opening we stayed in the Royal suites or other areas of the Palladium.

The Grand Palladium property is carved out of a jungle. Much attention was given to maintaining the integrity of the property and preserving the indigenous flora and fauna. I love seeing the critters roaming around and walking through the jungle.

One thing that sets the TRS apart is the amazing staff, food & service. Immediately upon my arrival I heard, “Welcome home Miss Annie” from Luis Alberto, Concierge. I was whisked to reception where I was served a welcome cocktail & warm, refreshing cloth.  I was given a suite in the same building where my daughter’s room was located.

Upon arrival at my building butler (Are)Lis greeted me warmly and gave me her Whats App number. This comes in very handy for reservations & other requests. The butlers also use it to send a daily schedule of events. Lis then came to my room and said, “you probably don’t need an orientation”. We both laughed. I asked her to show me how the Nespresso machine worked and asked about my daughter’s room. It was 2 doors down and had been decorated for her birthday with balloons, banners, a cake & champagne. (E butler requests can be sent to ebutler found on Palladium Hotel Group.) I confirmed that we had reservations in the Special Christmas Eve dinner in Capricho.  She said she would reserve my dinners for the rest of the week once I settled in. I gave her a list of where we wanted to eat and the time frame. I made a  request for the special Mexican dinner held in Capricho once a week for TRS guests.

Throughout the week I returned to my room to find special treats like champagne, truffles, chocolate covered strawberries & macaroons. I felt like royalty.

ROOMS:  We were in building 69 steps to La Terrazza pool. The rooms there have jacuzzis on the deck. I had a lovely 2 room suite which was immaculate & well appointed. Amenities include L’Occitane products, robes, slippers, smart, flat screen TVs, Nespresso, a red/green light to alert housekeeping.  Red light is do not disturb. Green light is  make up room.

The beginning part of the week was cool and rainy but that didn’t deter us. We spent our time between the TRS beach where I was always able to get a Bali bed with a thatched roof, the Infiniti pool, salt water pool. My daughter & her BF went to the gym a couple of times which they said is well equipped and the spa. The spa now has a fee for the hydrotherapy circuit which is waived if you purchase a service.  My daughter negotiated 2 massages for about 1/2 of what they were quoting. They greatly enjoyed their spa day & the smoothies served there.

FOOD This was a highlight for us as we all enjoy good food. The TRS has returned to its pre-Covid glory days. Lobster is complimentary in Helios. They served it for breakfast, lunch & Dinner on NY Day! We ate two nights at Tentazione, the Italian restaurant,  two at Helios Beach club, El Gaucho steakhouse, Capricho Mediterranean restaurant & Two at the French La Boheme. All of our meals were excellent. Our favorite dinner of the week was the Mexican meal served at Capricho (once a week).

DRINKS: They have a full cocktail menu with branded liquor. We mostly drank wine. House wine includes Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc, red, rose & Cava. They have very good coffees  & I was able to find ice coffee at Helios. Staff often asked if i wanted a Bailey’s in my cappuccino. One day they came around with special iced cappuccino drinks

ENTERTAINMENT: You can be as busy or as lazy as you like. There is live music at breakfast & lunch, water robic, water bikes, special classes like guacamole making, macrame. There is Chic Cabaret ($45), before & after parties, a Silent disco & a 20s party. There is also added entertainment on the GP side for those who want more like beach volleyball, live music in the evenings

During NY Eve, NY day, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day the resort celebrations were outstanding & beautifully done. Santa arrived for the little ones on the Colonial beach.

We saw a beautiful wedding near Helios with amazing attention to detail.

On my last morning I saw a sunrise which made my day.

Overall an amazing time. Although I hesitate to mention names as I always miss someone, Staff are outstanding from our butlers (Are)Lis, Moises & Susanna to Manuel in Helios who had my coffee & juice ready as I sat down to Daniel who remembered my eggs, Martha who is going to be a Mommy & is always smiling. Hector was very attentive at dinner as was Celeste (sp?) Alex & Ivan in Tentazione. Alfred at the Terrazza bar always remembered my preference. Daniel at El Jarra was always smiling and attentive.  It was wonderful catching up with Mayra in the Full Moon bar & Lucy at TRS pool. Manager Roxanne gave me a warm welcome. All of the cart drivers were friendly & accommodating.

Tips: I used AGI Tours for all transfers. They were professional & on time.  Listen to their suggestions as to transfer time as there is construction. Tip the staff. Bring ones & fives in US or 20s & 50s in pesos. Download the Palladium Hotel Group App.

Most importantly, Smile and don’t sweat the small stuff. Any day in Paradise is better than a day in the office.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »