¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Fantasti Trip ! TRS Yucatan

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

April 2022 TRS Yucatan – Tom ODonnell

We had 2 weeks holiday here starting 19th April 2022. We have been coming to the palladium since 2011.
        We normally go to white sands when we have family with us (we did November 2021 and had a fabulous time), but this time was mum and dad time.
        Our check in fast and efficient.

We had the ambassador suite in building 61 it was beautiful room with the small pool on the top deck accessed via the spiral staircase, from which we had a sea view, the room itself is the old governor suite revamped, so as you walk in you have the sofas (possible a sofa bed) a couple of easy chairs, a cupboard with the mini fridge (was stocked daily with beers and nuts and snickers), it had 2 coffee machines one was pod type and the other filtered coffee, plus drawers for your things, this room had a massive TV on the wall.

Then as you walk thru it had a toilet and very tall sink on the right and then a jacuzzi bath, to the left opposite the bath is a very large double sink (no plug hole) behind this is the very large shower and toilet, these have like mirror/glass doors (I did see on one post that you could see thru them, well we couldn’t so privacy was respected.

Into the main room with a massive bed and the wardrobe space and another massive TV and then doors to the balcony.

We absolutely love the room no faults with it at all.
        Our building butlers were Cesar, Lis and Christian all 3 were excellent and could not do enough for us, always pleasant and very helpful, hats off to these 3.
        We spent most of the day round the infinity pool and did a bit of walking down to the other end of the beach (the sargassum was pretty bad but they are working on solutions like putting a boom across the bay).
        I would say that the tiles round the pool can get very slippery when wet and I had many a slip and saw others as well, these needs addressing in my view.
        Some days at the infinity pool there were spare sun beds but the Bali bed are always popular and taken early (not getting into that debate). At the TRS beach we never had a problem getting a Bali bed.
        Pool service was great and the barmen work their socks of making sure everyone gets what they want massive shout to Lucianne she is a little darling we have known her for many years and has a great knack of knowing what you want to drink, the 2 barmen (and more who’s names I didn’t get) Miguel and Carlos never stopped, all the waitress and barmen were excellent in their attitude and service.
        We had excellent food in all the TRS restaurants, service was great even though they are short staffed, our meal time was always 8PM and by 9.30PM we were done.
        The only problem we had was when on the couple of occasions, we decided to have breakfast Helios was extremely busy and they did have a little difficulty keep the food stocked up and we tried Capricho
        but the wait to get seated was 20 mins and once we were sat no one took our order so after an extra 40 mins we just walked round to the white sands buffet (which has a load of choice just a bit noisier than TRS restaurant’s).
        I have to say again the staff pulled out all the stops to make sure all the guest were looked after.
        All I will say is the palladium has like the rest of the world at the moment has got staffing issue, some of the old faces we knew have not come back and there are a lot of new faces now, all you need to do is be a little bit patient and kind to the guys and girls, I for one certainly could not put the hours in and the work they do while smiling all the time, if we look after them these will be our new friend we go back to see time and time again.
        Salt water pool had some issues while we were there so we did not tend to use it, the inlet and outlay channels get blocked with seaweed and it stops the oxygen getting in so fish were dying and the water was brown.
        I hope management has sorted this issue out.
        A massive shout out for the cart drivers, Israel runs a pretty tight ship and those guys are whizzing round all day, not one would pass you without offering you a lift if they had room, my very best 2 old friend who are still there and are fantastic ambassadors for the hotel,
        Francisco Pancho and Luis Alberto Camara.
        And also, the Butler in building 65 Oscar Rojas he was a great help to us.
        We met some fantastic people during our stay, just a few we can mention.
        Glen Nikodem and family (loved you guys glad we got to see you on your last day).
        Toronto Tony and wife loved spending time with you guys
        Christian and Donna Brenner and Michelle Ann Garland with Gregg Garland we had a great time with you, we did miss you when you all went home.
        To sum it all up, we had read some very negative reviews before we came and it did worry us that the hotel standards had slipped, well I am not sure what planet they were on.
        We had fantastic food fantastic service, it reminded me how much I loved the place.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »