¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Grand Palladium Colonial

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      BrendaG
      Participant

Hi everyone!
        Finally found 5 minutes to submit a trip report!
        We stayed in the Colonial section of the Grand Palladium, RM, October 31st to November 7, 2015. There were 10 of us in our group and 6 stayed in Colonial, 2 in white sands and 2 in Royal suites.
        My husband and I stayed in Royal last November and absolutely loved it! We’re hoping to be able to return possibly in September/2016.
        We stayed in building 9, second floor. The room was nice, and we were welcomed back with a nice fruit basket.
        The building was pretty central to the beach, lobby and pools for someone who doesn’t have a mobility issue (our friends and daughter and her boyfriend enjoyed the spot just fine but I found it to be quite the hike as I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.).

The resort was just as beautiful as ever, the staff just as hard working and courteous, the drinks and food as yummy as ever!! The new sports bar is fabulous!! It was a great place to hang out when you wanted a break from the humidity…we had a few card games in there as well as at Hemmingways.

The updated Tikal buffet is amazing!! Such a fresh and delicious variety of choices! Something for everyone!!
        We also went to El Dorado, Ribs and More and Punta Emilia. All very good!! My favourite was on my Birthday we went to Sumptuori for the dinner and show.. It was great!! The food was delicious!! They even brought out a “Happy Birthday” dessert and sang for me!!

Unfortunately the weather didn’t cooperate the entire week but we took advantage of the sun when it did come out.

All in all our friends and family enjoyed the Palladium and said they would definitely return (they especially loved the salt water pool!! It’s very impressive and the bar staff make great drinks!!). My Husband and I consider it our second home and are hoping to be able to return in September to the Royal Suites Yucatan.

Anne
        Keymaster

Great report! Thanks so much for sharing Brenda. It’s always fun to share our home away from home with newbies!

Boatchick
          Participant

Thanks for the reviews on the updates… anxious myself to see all the changes in the Buffets and ala cartes…Enjoyed your report… “Home” in just a few more sleeps…

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Translate »