¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton, Jamaica

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      aramos0714
      Participant

Apologies for my Late report…

Week of June 11 to 18, 2016. After many many intents we finally visited Jamaica and GP. Beautiful place, beautiful country. Coming from the biggers Caribbean island, I can said Jamaica is beautiful as my country.

We visited GPRM nine times and I always have the curiosity to visit GPLH, so here we go. Right after I made my reservations with Expedia and a great deal,  I asked to one of my friends from RM the contact information for the guest relations contact person, (special thanks to Edgar Espinosa). He provided me with the information and due to our many vacations in GP they assigned us a VIP braselet, we got a very nice room, closed to the adults pool and adults beach, walking distance to all the amenities and restaurants, a very nice welcome plate full of fruits and a bottle of champagne, every night we got a plate in our room of different story cheese and fruits.

At the time we check in we notice that the front desk personnel informed to Yazmin ( director of guest relation ) of our arriving and she in person took care of our check in. Thank you Yazmin.

We made reservations in different  restaurants a la cart, Chef Bubba – the best. El Agave very nice, The Poseidon dinner was delicious and lunch as well. We ate  two times at Chef Bubbla.

We had a great  time by the beach all week long, after breakfast we walked to the hide beach, our favorite spot and our favorite animation team. Nabi and Tyson.. ??.. The music all day long and the drinks by the bar fantastic! We eat twice jerk food from the Jerk Hunt, one day I asked only for chicken wings and they served me more that a dozen.

One thing that called our attention, slacks for gentleman were not a requirement in A LA CARTE restaurants, I believed since was high occupancy census they waived the requirement.

One of the buffets restaurants were closed for renovations, and every morning was a line on the other buffet, however  they prepared the Italian restaurant for breakfast every morning ( can’t complained) as well as the Indian restaurant. Both places with plenty food to enjoy.

I will not make a comparison between GPRM vs GPLH, they are different hotels in different country, with different employees with different cultures. The only thing I will like to point is that  in GPLH the music was all day long even during lunch time, ONLY one day the music bt]y the beach was turn off was during a wedding by the gancebo after the wedding it was back on. In GPRM the music is turn off by 1.00pm, that makes the pool and the beach bored at that time and is not until 3.00pm back on. I think that is one point that GPRM  should go over and make changes.

I will go back to GPLH and I will spend more time. I will post some of my picture but here is an advance

ps, Ann sorry for the delay. ;0View from my room

Anne
        Keymaster

Awesome report Alina .I knew you would love Jamaica. Great comment about the music.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Translate »