¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Incredible time at GP Puerto Vallarta

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Mon posted

We are having an incredible time! Ask me anything . Posting on day 3 of 6. No rain yet during the day, only at night. Overcast has been nice, no sunburns. Not buggy except early morning and evening. The salmon at the nest was the best of my life. The bruschetta at the portifino restaurant was to die for!

Anne
        Keymaster

Lots of info for families taking kids . My daughter is 5, so my tips are perhaps centered around that age group. I found an inflatable booster seat on Amazon that has been super handy. It also has a strap to hold the shoulder belt away from their neck as well. We also use this as a booster seat at restaurants here. The restaurants have high chairs but not booster seats. I’ll post a pic of it with the description. You can use it on the plane but not during taxi, takeoff, or landing. We found we did not use it on the plane, but definitely when using taxis, buses, and Uber. Super fast to inflate, like 5 breaths, and instantly deflated to store.
          We brought an iPad mini which we’ve used at restaurants with headphones. Service can take a bit. I also brought a small sketchbook and some pens and crayons. The kids menu is not always listed, but just ask. They totally cater to the kids and love to make them happy. There are also kids mocktail drinks. The apple juice is a little different, my daughter didn’t like it. But she has enjoyed the lemonade, and they make her a smoothie with coconut cream, pinapple and strawberry that she loves.
          My daughter is on the autism spectrum, so meltdowns and anxiety are common. I found a chewable supplement that helps her a lot. We just use it occasionally when she’s feeling really tired or overwhelmed. Details in pics. Also brought kids Dramamine. The gift store here does have kids Tylenol. They have a lot of adult meds, but not a lot of kid meds.
          I’ll post more tips later! Off to dinner at the Nest!
          There are tons of fun creatures around! The monkey at the sanctuary will hold your hand ! We found tiny frogs at night jumping on the paths. Hawk at family selection. Crabs all over the tide pools.
          Brought our own diving toys and net for hours of fun!

Anne
          Keymaster

We were able to catch some of the entertainment tonight. We saw the tail end of the childrens circus and some of the moonlight show and they were FABULOUS! The children who spent some time in the kids club got to perform and it was super cute. We all wore ear protection because sitting up close is way too loud. Totally worth keeping the kiddo up a little late! Each time a set/song ended, my daughter would say “Another one, another one!!!”.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Translate »