¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Large Family Group with all ages considering the P pv need lots of info!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Pat
      Participant

Our large family group is looking at the PV location for a vacation we will have kids from under one year to adults let’s say 29+++  we will have every age possible really so you can count on a really detailed trip report.

Three items I am trying to get info on at this point are…. water for drinking. Used to the RM resort where you can drink from the tap…. what is the situation at PV?

mobility…. looks like a lot of stairs. We do have young children and mature adults in the group so wondering if this resort will be enjoyable with this challenge.

Rooms…. the basic room is probably what will be booked however we will have at least one room with three adults in it who all want their own bed. If it only the jr suites here that have the sofa beds and two doubles… the pictures of the deluxe rooms show the two beds but the couch does not look like a sleeper.

I guess lastly has info on the resort, excursion ideas etc would be helpful before we pull the trigger. This will be our 8th trip to a Palladium resort, hoping we would be able to go to RM for this trip but cost and the dumb overnight flights that steal a day from you have us considered the Palladium PV.

Thanks for for all your thoughts

Anne
        Keymaster

Hi Pat,

Welcome back,

I believe the water is not potable so you have to depend on bottled water.

I believe the Jr suites have sleep sofas. Some standard rooms have regular sofas so not good for sleeping.

It has a very good kids club. I believe you must use stairs to the beach. Someone who has been there can confirm.

My daughter enjoyed a day trip to Sayulita which is a fun beachside community. I believe she went there via taxi.

Anne
          Keymaster

I have confirmed with someone just back that thee are stairs to the beach. There are some ramps on the PV side but guests would likely have to use stairs.

Is Punta Cana or Jamaica a possibiity? No stairs at all at those.

loke
            Participant

My daughter & I stayed in the Royal Suites at PV 2 yrs ago & loved it.  I don’t recall drinking the tap water but we did brush our teeth with tap water.  Bottled water was provided & also we were able to ask for it at the front desk.   We had a junior suite with 2 double beds & a sleep sofa. There are a lot of stairs on the Royal side to get down to the water front but on the other side I believe one could walk directly down to the beach with few or no stairs.  I don’t recall stairs there.  There are a lot of stairs to go up to the main buffet.  We ate at the Mexican a la carte & we climbed stairs as we sat outdoors but I don’t recall if there was a ground floor area. I am quite sure there are no stairs  to get to the theatre area.  The water park area for children was large & very nice. Sorry I don’t remember more details.  If those who are unable to do a lot of stairs stayed in the Royal suites then there would be a few stairs to go to breakfast with an easy walking distance to the main area.  Someone else might have better recall. This resort is much smaller than the RM so less walking distances.

Blueskies
              Participant

Hi Pat, we visited in 2014 or 15, I can’t recall. You will need to use the bottled water, we even used it for brushing  our teeth. Lots of stairs but if you can walk it is not that bad. There is more than 1 route to get to most places. It really is a unique location on the side of the cliff. Pro’s fantastic food, outstanding service and drinks, also views from almost every room on  the PV side. The Royal is to become an adult only section without the Royal name soon. There are ramps and side walks with inclines/declines as well.  If stairs really are an issue for your guests I would consider alternatives. We really enjoyed it there and would return.

Pat
                Participant

thanks for all the info everyone!  I have also sent the link to our family to the information page on this resort ….it is excellent.

I believe that this is going to be our pick for the family vacation and you know that means you will be getting a HUGE and LONG trip report coming your way.  It will be interesting for us to go to another Palladium location and see how we like it.   I will welcome any ideas you have for excursions or what to eat etc, what to do….we will be researching this for our group.

I am thinking because our group is large we may need some help/advise from guest services there as we get closer.  I will be looking for any good contact info as well.  Wondering if this being our 8th trip to a Palladium resort means that we will get the beautiful gold band and all that goes with it or do they have a different policy on this at the PV resort?  Just curious.

As we have kids and adults in our group we are not booking into the adults only section but I would not turn down access to all the services!

Anne
                  Keymaster

Hi Pat,

I’ll find out about the gold bracelet. It is 8 visits in RM and 10 visits in PC so not entirely sure. See if I can get the scoop on Dinner but it is likely you’ll need to break into groups of 10 or under to eat together (and avoid a set menu).

Excited for you and your family. When do you plan go?

Excellent guac there

Anne
                    Keymaster

Pat if you decide on this resort let me known. I’ll get more info. Have you been following Peter’s posts? Food looks amazing.

Peter’s food pics

Pat
                      Participant

Hi Anne

the dates are sept 6-13 still not booked but looking good! The food pics are amazing! Wow!

i will let you know when it is booked. You have not steered me wrong yet and been such a huge help to me, can’t thank you enough for suggesting the P all those years ago… best vacations ever!

Blueskies
                        Participant

I think you will find the Palladium in PV a total surprise, in a good way. We went with an open mind but not expecting to like it as much as we did. The food and drinks were outstanding. We did however stay in the Royal section. The Mexican a la carte is not to be missed. Go early in your stay because you are likely going to want to go again ! Make sure to book a ride on the hobbie cat, they take you out and it is so fun.

loke
                          Participant

I agree Blueskies, I liked it more than I expected.  We also enjoyed the Mexican a la carte.  We were there for American Thksg & the main buffet went over the top with decorating & wonderful food.  We only did one tour booked by the conceirage , a snorkel tour to hidden cave. A van took 4 of us to a small village about 20-30 minutes away. Snorkel equipment was available along with life jackets Which I wore even while snorkelling.  We were taken to the Hidden Cave by motor boat, a short boat ride & he dropped anchor outside the cave & gave us as much time as we wanted.  Once through the entrance, a couple of minutes swim, the ‘cave’ is open to the skies above.  One person in our group stayed in the boat & just enjoyed the view.  We saw multiple varieties of fish & loved it. Google this site, it is quite unique, for me anyway.  We booked kayaks & my daughter booked a paddle board.  There was a very small turtle enclosure & my daughter was down at the beach early every morning when a staff member was checking on the turtles (late November) so not sure if they will be there in September.  We snorkelled in front of the Royal section but did not see many fish.  I hope you enjoy your family gathering, sounds wonderful.  If I can find some pictures I will post but I have lost many due to my laptop crashing ?.  Also we took a taxi from the airport, in 2014 we booked the taxi by the exit from the airport, we paid at the counter, then gave the voucher to the driver & added a tip on arrival. Front desk booked a return transfer to the airport, we paid the driver directly, she was lovely & trying to raise 3 children, she earned her tip!  The staff was warm & loving. After the first day they knew us & I would go for coffee while my daughter was jogging & as soon as she arrived they would rush over with her usual choice. If she was slow arriving they were more concerned than me.  I love these kind people.

loke
                            Participant

I want to add that some advise that when you depart the airport in PV to walk over the highway on a bridge to hire a taxi for half the price. Since we were 2 females unfamiliar with PV I decided to book at the airport. Your choice as you are a large group. Others may have more info for you.

loke
                              Participant

Our package was with West Jet & at that time transfers were not included but things may have changed.

Anne
                                Keymaster

Hi Pat,

I have confirmed with management that you or anyone who has had 8 visits or more will be able to get a gold bracelet.

Based on the size of your group, management is happy to arrange a dinner for all of you but prefers a set menu which will enable them to provide the best service.  That can be arranged through Guest Services.

concierge.vallarta@palladiumhotelgroup.com

I will send you a management contact when it gets closer. She would like your name(s) & confirmation numbers.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Translate »