¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Last minute travel tips

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Last minute travel tips. Some of these may overlap with the packing list or “tips”but I persoanlly am looking for last minute tips and have started making a list. Please feel free to add to it.

Stop mail
        arrange for pets
        check/refill prescriptions
        arrange airport transport
        make copies of all travel docs
        print out e tickets
        If house on alarm set it
        contact bank/credit cards
        get casn/pesos
        Some pre-tan

Anne
        Keymaster

Unplug small appliances if no one will be there.

Set lights on timers for extra security.

Meg Simoni I have a good one. If you have a security system, wipe your key pads with an alcohol swab to remove your finger prints. Thieves can dust your pad to figure out your code.

Meg Simoni Turn off the water to your home, never know when something will break.

Cape Cod Anne Meg I don’t miss living up north.It’s still in the 70s here (SC). However, even in SC I once had a toilet burst so turn off water to toilets and washing machine.
          n
          Lisa Thorne Thompson DONT Post your dates of travel on FB….lots of break-ins occur Cancel any paper delivery, and empty the fridge of “smelly foods”

Cape Cod Anne Agree.Also hackers are out there

Lynn Shallenberger Also make a copy of your passports and keep them separate…Just in case you loose the originals…also leave a copy home with a trusted person…

Lisa Thorne Thompson Keep your medications with you in your hand luggaage….leave your travel info and emergency info with a trusted friend or family member.

Jason Rodgers Leave your guns at home. We see it all the time at the Canadian boarder where people show up with their hand gun. If declared you get to claim it back at the US boarder upon re-entry, if it isn’t say goodbye to it as it will be kept and destroyed.

Cape Cod Anne Jason something I did not think about.

Jason Rodgers People forget the laws are different in other countries.

Cape Cod Anne Jsson I on’twant this to turn into a gun isssue

Lisa Thorne Thompson When we pack my husband and I “split” our luggage, some of my stuff in his, some of his stuff in mine….just in case on gets lost smile emoticon Which hopefully doesn’t happen but at least one of you don’t have to run around naked!!!

Meg Simoni Same here Lisa Thorne Thompson

Ann Thompson Martel Pack Ann in your suitcase!
          Unlike · Reply · 3 · 7 hrs
          Cape Cod Anne

Write a comment…

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Translate »