Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Jennifer posted “We are here! Brian got to sit in the cockpit and drive the pontoon boat. It was a big day! We are watching the mini show but don’t think we can stay up for the Mexican show. We will be able to see it next Saturday night. Plus he got a special note and decorations in the room from Smile Sevices!! (I’d sent an email last week and they were so sweet)”

Anne
        Keymaster

10 mi

Anne
          Keymaster

No pictures today because we went to Xel Ha. We let them take the pictures for us and we will download later. Brian had his first colectivo rides and thought they were fun! Xel Ha was fantastic. We got rained on for the first couple hours but we rode it out and it was beautiful after that. Brian loved the water zip lines and lighthouse slide and we spent a lot of time there plus the river. We had a reservation for Sumptuori show table at 6. We just made it after getting back. Brian ate with chopsticks for the first time and figured it out pretty quickly! His favorite dinner so far is still the penne with tomato and bacon at Portofino but he really liked eating with chopsticks! We sat with a nice family from Richmond.

Anne
            Keymaster

Food allergy program:

I did take a picture of my dessert tonight. Tapioca pudding made with coconut milk and bananas. I cannot day enough about the kindness and care at the a la cartes. I have wheat, egg and dairy allergies plus some meats. I am pretty much gluten free vegan with occasional seafood. I have had two desserts specially made for me, a panna cotta at Portofino and this pudding at Sumptuori. They have been outstanding. I haven’t had as much success at the buffet yet but I probably don’t ask for help as much as I could. I was asked this morning at Dalia if I wanted assistance but we were in a hurry so I said no thanks. I’ll ask and take them up on it tomorrow. But I can always find rice, beans and vegetables.

Anne
              Keymaster

Brian feeding the fish

Anne
                Keymaster

Coconut ice cream & coconut drinks

Anne
                  Keymaster

Pontoon boat

Mini golf

Anne
                    Keymaster

We went to Rio Secreto today. What an experience – I highly recommend. Brian took a couple of spills but is ok save some scratches. He’s in good spirits tonight. We found a “new” lizard today and spent some time with the flamencos. Dinner tonight was Chang Thai and it was excellent. Brian ordered off the kids menu but I had so many choices! And I discovered my tapioca pudding from Sumptuori came from here; it’s on the menu along with a coconut creme brûlée that was amazing. We were all stuffed. Mark had pad Thai and I had green curry. Afterward we went to the kids show and are at the main show now. We found the artist who does the glass art and ordered a piece of our cat who passed a few years ago (B was really close to him). We pick it up tomorrow.

Anne
                      Keymaster

Not a lot of pictures today; we went to Xenses and they took the pictures for us. It was a great time. I got a little injured (stubbed my toe on a rock and cut it) and they attended to it very nicely. Afterward we took a colectivo to Playa and did our tequila/hot sauce shopping at Soriana and took a taxi back (400 pesos, there is a taxi stand with prices posted). Weather was great; looked like there was weather to the south but never reached us. When we got back we found a towel bunny! We went to Adelita for dinner and are waiting for the kids show (Grease) now. Two more full days! I envy those who can stay 2 full weeks; I could get used to this 🙂

Anne
                        Keymaster

We stayed on resort all day today. Had a storm mid-morning; we sheltered in Las Olas for a bit. We swam and lounged, then B wanted to nap in the room so we did (well I sat out on the balcony with a book). Tonight was a repeat of the show table at B’s request, then the pirate shows at the theater. We fit in one more evening boat ride too!

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Translate »