Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Jeff reports:

They have a garbage can with holes cut into the top to deposit your (reusable) plastic glasses What a great idea – every resort should have those. A couple things I forgot yesterday: the hot dog cart is stationary right by the Colonial pool and it opens at 11am. We went to the salt water pool yesterday and it was awesome. Such a cool area with the waves crashing over the rocks and into the pool. Three levels of palapas for great ocean views and their own bar right there.

A nice rain storm just started as I type this. Getting me and my iPad all wet.

http://200.36.58.250/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=5766

Anne
        Keymaster

Another question that was asked was “how many kids my son’s age are here?” Well last night after dinner we went to the Sports Bar and it was packed with kids around my son’s age. We have also spent some time at the pool bar with kids his age that he could converse with.

Also, I have not seen the ice cream cart but did have two ice cream cones at lunch yesterday that we pretty darn good.

The wine question: we went to Portofino for dinner yesterday and it seemed like everyone was drinking both the red and white “house” wines. The waiters were busy keeping all their glasses full so I am thinking it must have been pretty good. Not a big wine drinker myself.

Going to say hi to Carlos today for Geordie.

Anne
          Keymaster

Thurs:

Hola – we went to Xel-Ha today. Good time. Word to the wise- bring your ID with your credit card. They would not run my credit card at Xel-Ha. As I did not have my ID. That was $60 cab ride back and forth lesson. Zi respect that they had to do the right thing. We had a great time and then hit the pool bar.

We noticed the foam party going on so we had to hit that. It is set up on the “volley ball Beach” section. We had fun and then went back to the pool bar.

Live band at the Colonial Lobby bar last night was awesome. Great music, great energy, great dancing, we had a blast.

Last day tomorrow so if you need to know anything, let me know and I will try to read in the morning.

Anne
            Keymaster

Fri from Jeff

We do not have a plastic bag for plastic, recycling, etc. in our closet.

We had a great dinner last night at the Japanese place. Great service, great sushi, delicious dinners. After that we hit Hemmingways. Great service. I will say that it is quite the experience having adult conversations with your child now that he has a year of college under his belt. I enjoy it immensely.

The coffee machine in the colonial lobby is broken this morning, so I had to trek all the way out to the beach bar for my morning coffee. Nice view, but coffee not nearly as good.

Last day – on my way back to the room to see if the kid wants to wake up. We are thinking Ribs n More tonight.”

Anne
              Keymaster

Our last day was everything we wanted it to be as we chose to do all the things we either missed or wanted to do another time before we left the property.

I went for a long walk on the beach towards the north, but unbelievably I was stopped by a Security Guard at El Dorado Sea Suites. I specifically asked him to identify the resort. I was nice about it but let him know that all beaches in Mexico were public, but he would not let me pass. I laughed it off, but was a little upset.

When I got back to the beach loungers, my son was walking up ready to start his day (yeah – mine had already been a few hours in). So we headed to the sea water pool where we hung out for sometime and then hit the bar there as we realized it was one of the only bars we had not had a drink at all week. From there, we hit the hot dog stand as we HAD to try them before we left. I will say that they are soggy compared to what we are used to in the states, but still pretty tasty.

After our second trip to the hot dog stand, we decided to hit the pool bar – big mistake. We ran into some very nice people from Ohio and proceeded to hang with them for the rest of the afternoon. After way too many tequila, fireball (which they brought from home) and some green shots for good measure, we were both down for the count.

We woke up early, packed and our transfer from Canada Transfers was five minutes early as usual. After a nice flight home on Delta, we arrived home at a reasonable hour. Great trip and so glad we went.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Translate »